Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma returns to training

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
What is his source for these "internal discussions"? Gotta state the source or I call bs. If its just been leaked by the chavs to try and unsettle the player, why is our local journalist playing along with it?

The source is listed below the quote - Ben Jacobs. He's the one who kept saying Caicedo would be sold for £70m, a Leicester fan he claims but appears to be very much up Chelsea's arse.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Expensive rather than difficult I'd suggest
Could be both. He's 27 and might not feel he can want to sit around and wait for Chelsea to turn good in feck knows how many years.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's business, innit? Somewhere out there is a price that TB will accept - if Chelsea (or anyone else) come up with the readies, business will be done. I expect quite a large amount of readies will be required though.
yeah agreed.
But Tony isn't in a position where he has to accept the current Market rate for our players.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
yeah agreed.
But Tony isn't in a position where he has to accept the current Market rate for our players.
I suppose it also depends on the faith the club have in Adingra, Osman, Minteh etc etc to fill the void. Personally, I'd say there was a marked drop off in effectiveness (and directness) on the left side without Mitoma, but also a marked drop off in his effectiveness without a fully fit Estupinan

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's business, innit? Somewhere out there is a price that TB will accept - if Chelsea (or anyone else) come up with the readies, business will be done. I expect quite a large amount of readies will be required though.
Always business to be done. More than any other player in recent years, Mitoma always seemed to me to be the player just passing through. Altogether now: he's just too good for us

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The way I see this going

He won't leave this summer. However if he gets fit and hits form, the Chelsea's of this world may look to revisit this in January or next summer.

Remember, his contract expires summer 2027, so summer 2025 would be the obvious time for him to leave. Though, we have got him to sign a new deal once. We may get him to do this again.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I suppose it also depends on the faith the club have in Adingra, Osman, Minteh etc etc to fill the void. Personally, I'd say there was a marked drop off in effectiveness (and directness) on the left side without Mitoma, but also a marked drop off in his effectiveness without a fully fit Estupinan
the lack of March on the other side was also a factor, IMO.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Lets hope he's back to his best at the beginning of the season.

Best player in the team by far and he's not only very important as an attacking threat on the left wing, but also for anyone playing on the right wing.

Whenever he is playing, the entire opposition defence need to gravitate towards his side any anyone playing on the right wing will find a lot of space inside and around the penalty area on the other side. Solly and Adingra both had a lot of fun with Mitoma pulling the weight on the other side. See no reason why that would change, but hopefully the presumed new look of the right wing could balance things out a bit more and make more room for Mitoma to score, assist and win penalties.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His back injury wasn't helped by a deliberate shove in the back and the ref ignored an obvious penalty.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
We're not going to sell him before we go to Japan anyway, obviously. I think we'll get one more season out of him, surely no team is going to spank the kind of money required when he's just coming back from a lengthy lay off.
Agreed, it’s a total non-starter but of COURSE someone would at some point link him with Chelsea this summer because the transfer rumour mill dictates that that must happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here