Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mister Bobby Sanchez

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m sorry but Matty Ryan couldn’t have done a claim like this. 4 cleans sheets in a row in this tough league speak for itself.

Completely vindicates the decision to change the goalkeeper. A few of us were ahead of the curve slightly on that aspect, as we made a case that Ryan was costing us a lot of games, but nobody (literally nobody) saw Sanchez being the choice to come in. Huge huge credit to Potter for spotting his qualities and having the balls to play a rookie keeper when we were knee deep in a relegation dog fight. You just know his critics would have loved to have thrown that in his face if the change didn’t work.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Majestic.

BOB1.gif

Brilliant post

Looking at the time on the clock and the way Phillips is coming in to head the ball goal wards and big Bob just plucks the ball out of the air, brilliant.

I think that is my favourite individual moment of the season so far.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Great clip.

To clean out Adam Webster takes a bit of doing.

It was a very early decision to come that far.

What i'd hope is that someone is dropping back to the line for those in case he misses one

Webster has a WTF face on when he gets clattered and then almost dives on top of Sanchez when he’s claimed it to congratulate him. Such a great attribute to have keeper that will come and dominate the ball.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Brilliant post

Looking at the time on the clock and the way Phillips is coming in to head the ball goal wards and big Bob just plucks the ball out of the air, brilliant.

I think that is my favourite individual moment of the season so far.

Yes, that clip, right there shows why I'm happy Potter made the decision to replace Ryan.

No doubt in Sanchez mind. That ball is mine so get the feck out of my way. Ball claimed. Pressure relieved. No in the six yard area pinball with arse puckered like a snare drum. Confident effective goalkeeping.

Only 23 so he will make mistakes but hopefully he doesn't lose the confidence to come off his line and clatter through a crowd to get the ball.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Majestic.

BOB1.gif
Fantastic clip, great to see a keeper being decisive and taking control of the situation.

Of course there will be occasions on which he gets it wrong, but he's a baby in goalkeeping terms and will be learning and improving with every game he plays.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What i'd hope is that someone is dropping back to the line for those in case he misses one

Seems to me that 3BW is dropping back but once he realises that at the least Big Bobby is going to reach it he heads back to where it could get knocked down if not taken cleanly.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Every time I watch that I have a bit of a crisis, its such a nice thing to see.

It was the moment Liverpool's heads dropped. They knew they weren't getting through

It was amazing for us, as we haven't had that for a long time (no dissing Maty who was a fine keeper, but that's not his game).

May 5, 2020
Sussex
He will go on to be a top keeper in the world one day but from our point of view his claiming of the ball from the Liverpool corner at the end of the game highlights the impact he is having on our results.
First half of the season that would corner would have been a nailed on last minute goal for Liverpool.
He is also cool as a cucumber and oozes a confident aura that spreads to the three centre backs and gives them the confidence to focus on their jobs.
Fantastic goalie and will be a fan favourite I'm sure.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's caught that about 1000 times since I've been watching it

Did I miss it*, or did MOTD edit this out of their highlights? Shame on them if they did!

*I haven't been able to watch it again, and I'd had a few sherbets by the time MOTD came on last night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here