Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What’s shady about craft beer bars, third-wave coffee cafes and overpriced street food? My take is it’s wanky, pretentious and expensive...it has many other positives as well.

I think you are confusing Brixton with Camden.

Really?

Brixton Brewery Tap Room, Craft Beer Company, and (arguably) Brewdog meet the craft beer bar tag.

Pop Brixton, most of Brixton Market, Kricket, and several others fulfil the overpriced street food moniker.

Can't cite any third wave coffee cafes as I don't frequent such places (preferring to roast my own beans [naturally])

On topic: A truly sad and very strange case.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Every woman you know has taken a different route. Every woman you know has held keys for self defence. Every woman you know has made a fake phone call. Every woman you know has turned a corner and run. Every woman you know has walked in fear. #allwomen #SarahEverard ��

:nono:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really?

Brixton Brewery Tap Room, Craft Beer Company, and (arguably) Brewdog meet the craft beer bar tag.

Pop Brixton, most of Brixton Market, Kricket, and several others fulfil the overpriced street food moniker.

Can't cite any third wave coffee cafes as I don't frequent such places (preferring to roast my own beans [naturally])

On topic: A truly sad and very strange case.

The last time I Had breakfast there in a cafe, round the corner from the clink, consisted of buffalo tomatoes in a honey glaze with smashed avocado and farm reared crispy back bacon cooked over maple chips with a poached Braddock White goose egg all on seared sour dough with Earl Gray tea and citrus water. Delicious but def not shady :)

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
The more I read about this story, the less sense it makes. The suspect is a policeman, and by all accounts from various people who claim to know him, a pleasant, family man with two primary school aged kids. Talk of family holidays and jovial videos of the family uploaded to YouTube.

Why on earth for someone in that position commit such a crime? How does someone get to 44 years of age without it becoming apparent that there was something deeply sinister about them? No charges yet of course, but the fact the poor girl's remains were found within hours of his arrest, it's hard to imagine there being no connection.

Utterly baffling and incredibly sad.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Every woman you know has taken a different route. Every woman you know has held keys for self defence. Every woman you know has made a fake phone call. Every woman you know has turned a corner and run. Every woman you know has walked in fear. #allwomen #SarahEverard ��

:nono:

Men get senselessly attacked as well

Often for different reasons ... but are more likely than women to be the victims of violent crime

I don't see this as a women v men issue. It's an issue of what more can be done to prevent violent crime and murder.

Obviously the facts of the case will come out and I don't want to speculate as to what the motive of the killer was here.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

Often for different reasons ... but are more likely than women to be the victims of violent crime

I don't see this as a women v men issue. It's an issue of what more can be done to prevent violent crime and murder.

Obviously the facts of the case will come out and I don't want to speculate as to what the motive of the killer was here.

He’s just trolling again, trying to start an argument on a subject that everyone here would otherwise agree on.

Of all the threads to do it on, though. :glare:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

That is only based on reported crimes and convictions. There are a huge, huge number of sexual assault or harrassment cases that go unreported or ignored by the police.

Women are harrassed on the streets all the time. Do you find yourself nearly getting into fights every time you walk on the street? Of course not. Many women experience some form of harrassment every time they are alone in public.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He’s just trolling again, trying to start an argument on a subject that everyone here would otherwise agree on.

What on earth is trolling about his post??

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That is only based on reported crimes and convictions. There are a huge, huge number of sexual assault or harrassment cases that go unreported or ignored by the police.

Women are harrassed on the streets all the time. Do you find yourself nearly getting into fights every time you walk on the street? Of course not. Many women experience some form of harrassment every time they are alone in public.
Damn right. Women having to plan to avoid or limit what they do, how they do it and who they do it with on a continual basis to avoid unpleasant experiences.

It's shocking and has to change, not sure how though.

Perhaps Paul could ban someone for something.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess the police must be approaching the time where they have to either charge or release, unless they successfully apply for additional time to question the suspect.

A truly bizarre and horrific case.

It's normally 24 hours unless an application is made to extend it. For a serious charge like suspicion of murder (which was added yesterday) it can be 36 hours. The original reason for the arrest was suspicion of kidnap.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
What on earth is trolling about his post??

He has form. Hit and run. This was a thread mourning a tragic victim. Now it’s going to be a “men are the problem/not all men” back and forth argument.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

One woman is killed every three days in this country.

[tweet]1369688090168729606[/tweet]

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He has form. Hit and run. This was a thread mourning a tragic victim. Now it’s going to be a “men are the problem/not all men” back and forth argument.

No form I'm aware of. Do you have an issue with anything in his post?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No, what he is saying is true. You may not like it, but it is true.

Every woman you know has taken a different route. Every woman you know has held keys for self defence. Every woman you know has made a fake phone call. Every woman you know has turned a corner and run. Every woman you know has walked in fear.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The more I read about this story, the less sense it makes. The suspect is a policeman, and by all accounts from various people who claim to know him, a pleasant, family man with two primary school aged kids. Talk of family holidays and jovial videos of the family uploaded to YouTube.

Why on earth for someone in that position commit such a crime? How does someone get to 44 years of age without it becoming apparent that there was something deeply sinister about them? No charges yet of course, but the fact the poor girl's remains were found within hours of his arrest, it's hard to imagine there being no connection.

Utterly baffling and incredibly sad.

Maybe there was something about her that he immediately became obsessed with. It's amazing how quickly a psche can change given the right(/wrong) conditions. This is a horrible story for sure, but I do feel like it's less uncommon than it's being suggested and it's shining a light on a problem which has always been there, but hasn't been acknowledged/spoken about publically previously.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Maybe there was something about her that he immediately became obsessed with. It's amazing how quickly a psche can change given the right(/wrong) conditions. This is a horrible story for sure, but I do feel like it's less uncommon than it's being suggested and it's shining a light on a problem which has always been there, but hasn't been acknowledged/spoken about publically previously.

Genuine question; is that a known psychological phenomenon? The idea that a semi-normal person could be going about their daily business and suddenly develop an infatuation with a stranger, leading them to commit a such an unspeakable act is pretty scary, if real.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Genuine question; is that a known psychological phenomenon? The idea that a semi-normal person could be going about their daily business and suddenly develop an infatuation with a stranger, leading them to commit a such an unspeakable act is pretty scary, if real.

It happens on the TV!

In all seriousness, I think an instant infatuation is one thing and although I claim no expertise I would suggest it does happen. What's scary in this case is the acting on it and doing something. In this case it seems like he's taken an immediate liking to her and totally lost touch with reality, for whatever reason. Knowing nothing about the accused or the crime makes it impossible to say, but I honestly believe anyone is capable of anything if the circumstances, motivation and opportunity are right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here