Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/sarah-everard-6pm-curfew-men-20090712

Sarah Everard: 6pm curfew for men proposed in Parliament by Green Party Baroness

This is absolutely ridiculous. Really pathetic; she hasn't thought this through.

No men on the streets after 6pm?

- no police officers, firemen, doctors, nurses, care home workers on their way to or from work for their shifts?
- no male shift workers who start work after 6pm
- no male shift workers who finish work after 6pm
- no business meetings for men after 6pm
- all men have to be home from work by 6pm
- no men allowed to travel to the Amex for an evening kick-off
- no men going to and from pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas (post lockdown) after 6pm (that'll be a boost for the hospitality industry then)
- no men going to the gym or other sporting activities after 6pm

Or will there be an even longer shopping list of exemptions than those relating to face coverings?

And then you have to consider..............how likely is it that a deranged individual with an urge to attack a woman is going to be deterred by a curfew.

She has totally lost the plot.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
This is absolutely ridiculous. Really pathetic; she hasn't thought this through.

- no police officers, firemen, doctors, nurses, care home workers on their way to or from work for their shifts?
- no men going to and from pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas (post lockdown) after 6pm (that'll be a boost for the hospitality industry then)

Or will there be an even longer shopping list of exemptions than those relating to face coverings?

And then you have to consider..............how likely is it that a deranged individual with an urge to attack a woman is going to be deterred by a curfew.

[emoji23]only a woman or can’t we say that anymore
RIP to body found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

It's a response to the police telling women not to go out because it not safe for them, she is saying how about men stay indoors so it safe for Women. Men don't like it when it is the other way around, but in reality they are the problem. Of course it's a daft idea and she knows it, but things do need to change.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Indeed. A life sentence of house arrest after 6pm for half the population is insane. Society would break down.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Men don't like it when it is the other way around, but in reality they are the problem.

Men are the problem? Or a tiny minority of them? How often does a crime like this happen?

If you’re going to start blaming demographic groups of people for the crimes some of them commit then it might not end very nicely.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's a response to the police telling women not to go out because it not safe for them, she is saying how about men stay indoors so it safe for Women. Men don't like it when it is the other way around, but in reality they are the problem. Of course it's a daft idea and she knows it, but things do need to change.

Men are the problem, do you mean a minority are the problem?

Can’t say I’ve ever wanted to sexually assault and murder a woman

Would you ever consider saying blacks are the problem to knife crimes in London? No.

Ridiculous grouping

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Also, if that peer was just trying to make a point (which I doubt) then it’s backfired spectacularly. Instead of talking about the real issue, people are talking about this hypothetical curfew.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Would you ever consider saying blacks are the problem to knife crimes in London? No.

Ridiculous grouping

[MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION] knew this when he/she threw this into the thread. It attempted to derail it.

I agree with ozzygull. Women have been told not to come home on their own, not to wear hoodies or their hair in a ponytail because it can be grabbed easily. What clothes to wear, which way to walk home, which app to use on their phone, etc etc.

This suspect is a married man, father of two, in a trusted occupation, and seemingly liked by his neighbours. It isn't all men, but women have no way of knowing which men.

When males go out, do you all promise each other to send a message as soon as you're safe indoors? This is daily life for most women,

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Men are the problem? Or a tiny minority of them? How often does a crime like this happen?

If you’re going to start blaming demographic groups of people for the crimes some of them commit then it might not end very nicely.

Ridiculous grouping

yes sorry! I of course it is a minority of men a defiantly not all men. But the small number are causing massive issues. Unfortunately the bad ones do not have a tattoo on their face letting us know to avoid them. If you went in to a cage with lions and were told only 1 of the 100 (that is just an example and not what I think the percentage of men are bad) will rip your head off you would still be wary of all of them.

What I was trying to say was that she was trying to turn the women should stay indoors for their own safety on it's head and that she know it's a stupid idea.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
When males go out, do you all promise each other to send a message as soon as you're safe indoors? This is daily life for most women,

But what can we do, though?

(I actually don’t think the police should be telling women not to go out. Women have a perfect right to go out when they choose. It’s not the job of the police to dictate to citizens what unacceptable risks are.)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION] knew this when he/she threw this into the thread. It attempted to derail it.

I agree with ozzygull. Women have been told not to come home on their own, not to wear hoodies or their hair in a ponytail because it can be grabbed easily. What clothes to wear, which way to walk home, which app to use on their phone, etc etc.

This suspect is a married man, father of two, in a trusted occupation, and seemingly liked by his neighbours. It isn't all men, but women have no way of knowing which men.

I don’t think anyone is denying there is an issue, what I have issue with is the grouping, you wouldn’t do it for anything else.

Calling for a curfew (Or any stupid comment such as telling woman not to go out) for all men is not only laughable, it damages the cause.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t think anyone is denying there is an issue, what I have issue with is the grouping, you wouldn’t do it for anything else.

Calling for a curfew (Or any stupid comment such as telling woman not to go out) for all men is not only laughable, it damages the cause.

It is the wrong way to handle it, but I lived in Yorkshire at the time of Sutcliffe and we were told to stay indoors at night, Meetings were cancelled, leisure centres and further education centres stopped sports and evening classes for women, so in effect we were told to be under curfew, unless you had a man with you.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is the wrong way to handle it, but I lived in Yorkshire at the time of Sutcliffe and we were told to stay indoors at night, Meetings were cancelled, leisure centres and further education centres stopped sports and evening classes for women, so in effect we were told to be under curfew, unless you had a man with you.

I was there at the same time and men were told to walk their female friends home (which we did). It's no way for a society to be constructed. And that's the point Jenny Jones was trying to get across: she's not an idiot and she knows that it's not going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here