Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing the rep thing or glad it's gone?

Are you missing the reputation rating thing?

• Yes

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 69.6%

• Total voters

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It was a kids thing put on here to amuse them in the school holidays.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Glad it's gone. Just dominated things too much on here and meant people were abused and negged for just giving their opinion on something rather than something that actually warranted a negative response too. It no doubt put a lot of people off posting some of their real opinions on something, for fear of being negged and abused.

And as others have said if people need the comfort of green blobs then they need to get out more

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I've seen it done on other forums, with a thumbs up/down, like on Facebook, which lets you see who has liked or disliked something, and you'd leave a comment by simply replying.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
By the end I intensely disliked it as people were negative repping opinions, which is the whole point of having a forum. I would have positive repped a couple of people this week but all I have to do instead is to quote the post and tell the person I agree with them, which takes more time and is thus more meaningful anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think the answer could be to just have a positive rep button and ditch the negative option

I think the rep system was designed to make people think twice before posting shite such as fabricated transfer rumours - just a like button would not be sufficient in achieving this.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think this is a fair point although can just lead to tit tat type repping. My own view is that you should be able to give positive and negative rep anonymously but withOUT comment. This at least takes away the potential for anonymous abuse. Again, not sure this can be done.

Is there any evidence for tit fot tat?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think it makes people a lot more careful about what they say which leads to everyone being a little bit note respectful and tolerant. I'd bring it back but make good reps anon and bad reps given a name. I think that would be best case.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think it makes people a lot more careful about what they say which leads to everyone being a little bit note respectful and tolerant. I'd bring it back but make good reps anon and bad reps given a name. I think that would be best case.

I didn't notice any improvement in behaviour, quite the opposite. The anon repping offered everyone a free punch so some where bound to take advantage of it.

You have a good idea about the repping, but i positive repped people and called them twats etc(I did sign mine.)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

This is how I felt but I can see the downside. I do think negative without the comment function would work better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here