Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Missing Murray'

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
People keep going on about how we're missing Murray and at times we are but If I'm honest I think we're missing Bennett much more, we miss that creativity in midfield, CMS never had anyone tall next to him at Peterborough, he scored goals galore with the right service.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS how many threads do we need on Murray??

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Its hard to miss someone when there is a new thread every five minutes, and I will reply on all No, No I am not

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We miss both but I'd agree we miss Bennett more. People go on about a target man, but they probably wouldn't if we still had Bennett because he provided the link between midfield and attack, so even when he wasn't the one directly setting up or scoring the chances he was involved in the creation of them. When you have Matt Sparrow where last year you would have had Bennett, obviously it's a disaster.

You couldn't ask for someone with more pedigree than Vicente to replace Bennett but he needs to be fit and adapt to Championship football still.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Lacking creativity, we've seen when a decent ball goes into the box Mackail Smith will take advantage of it, it's what we need, someone like Benno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here