Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Missing Medals

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bit confused.....if they were passed down the family why were they going to be auctioned?

There was more than one of the family interested in them and the executor had the bright idea of getting market value for them. The auctioneers screwed up and no one from the family was at the general auction they were sold at.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There was more than one of the family interested in them and the executor had the bright idea of getting market value for them. The auctioneers screwed up and no one from the family was at the general auction they were sold at.

That’s not good..

To me heirlooms like that don’t have monetary value and should go to the next in line.
I have my Grandfathers WW1 medals my fathers post WW2 items and also my own (7) from 30 years RAF.

Will eventually go to my kids.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
That’s not good..

To me heirlooms like that don’t have monetary value and should go to the next in line.
I have my Grandfathers WW1 medals my fathers post WW2 items and also my own (7) from 30 years RAF.

That’s good news.
All was not totally lost for me. I tracked down a distant cousin who had a few of great grandfather’s letters he sent from training camp at Borden, Folkestone and from Flanders. With his service record and regimental war diaries I was able to track his movements from enlisting to when he was blown up and buried at Poperinge 9 Elms Cemetery. It’s allowed me to record a written legacy for the future.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s not good..

I've got my Granddad's WW1 medals, my Dad's WW2 medals to give to my son. He already has his late Dad's GSM Borneo medal, and I haven't got any to pass on. He has his own LSM & Jubilee medals so my grandson will eventually get quite a collection. I just hope he really appreciates them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here