Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing badger help

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two years ago a badger began visiting our garden at about midnight. Being surprised but quite excited we started to feed the animal. The children stayed up late at weekends to see the little fella appear and in time he was joined by another.

The children started to leave out different treats and we enjoyed monitoring what they liked and didn't like. Eventually the badgers were named, Bill and Barbara.

We were therefore beside ourselves with grief when in the spring only one badger started coming (Bill), but were delighted when not only did Barbara return in late summer but also three little badger cubs as well. For the last two months they have delighted us late at night. The badger clubs were given names and before long we felt we had five pet badgers.

Saturday night we had friends round and we all waited in the normal spot for the badgers to arrive but nothing happened. In the distance we could hear what sounded like screaming. My friends are convinced that a badger can scream if attacked but we have never heard it only the cute little squeeks of the cubs, nothing else. So could that screaming have been one or more of the badgers being attacked? Or have they just decided to go elsewhere for a night? I will let you know if they all turn up tonight.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's been banned hasn't he or maybe he's under the patio after his meet up with Tommy Fraser ............. oh wrong badger

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
*sits back awaiting [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] to start a thread about having a badger fur coat for sale*

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
badger_cat.jpg

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Absolutely agree

BUT

Giraffe, I truly hope you get your badgers back ! Wish I could have some badgers around here rather than the f------ foxes.

Believe me my friend, if you ever have badgers visiting your garden on a regular basis, you might wish otherwise. For about 2 years they visited mine and attempted to move my garden about 3 feet to the left. I've never known such destructive creatures and I ended up having to have brick walls built to keep them out! (Fences are no good as I managed to spot them one night both digging under and climbing over a 6 foot high fence).

I know the nearly the whole world believes these animals to be cuddly and lovable, and no doubt in the right spot they are. Unfortunately by systematically destroying my garden they lost a lot of my goodwill and I used to dread coming down stairs in the morning and looking out on a newly dug badger latrine, usually in the middle of my lawn! :nono:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Absolutely agree

BUT

Giraffe, I truly hope you get your badgers back ! Wish I could have some badgers around here rather than the f------ foxes.

Voyeur!

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Believe me my friend, if you ever have badgers visiting your garden on a regular basis, you might wish otherwise. For about 2 years they visited mine and attempted to move my garden about 3 feet to the left. I've never known such destructive creatures and I ended up having to have brick walls built to keep them out! (Fences are no good as I managed to spot them one night both digging under and climbing over a 6 foot high fence).

I know the nearly the whole world believes these animals to be cuddly and lovable, and no doubt in the right spot they are. Unfortunately by systematically destroying my garden they lost a lot of my goodwill and I used to dread coming down stairs in the morning and looking out on a newly dug badger latrine, usually in the middle of my lawn! :nono:

We spent thousands building fence around property and within 36hrs the invasion began and the garden was similar to a WW1 scene!

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
They can be vicious bastards. Our dog's whole-brother (a working Jack Russell, called Buster) recently had half his lower face nearly bitten off by a badger. He's OK, but there was a big vet's bill.

Have just paid over £200 for our Staffie after Friday's incident and the vet wants to see him again on Friday!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Believe me my friend, if you ever have badgers visiting your garden on a regular basis, you might wish otherwise. For about 2 years they visited mine and attempted to move my garden about 3 feet to the left.

Badgers have the Feng Shui knowhow. Don't you know anything?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here