Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Clearly, it seems we are getting priced out left right and centre whilst Palace are driving on with some solid signings.

Is it clear? Maybe he wanted more than we believed he was worth. Or maybe he chose Palace because he would get more first team action with them, than us.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Maybe Wigan have simply loaned back their new £2m signing, Wilfred Zaha after realising he's not good enough for the Premiership?

And of course you have players linked with premiership clubs don't you, trouble is I can't think of any, and your constant garbage about Zaha means you can't think of any either and shows how worried you are about him being succesful, especially with Dunk off the scene, hows he doing by the way ?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
And of course you have players linked with premiership clubs don't you, trouble is I can't think of any, and your constant garbage about Zaha means you can't think of any either and shows how worried you are about him being succesful, especially with Dunk off the scene, hows he doing by the way ?

Liam Bridcutt. The player Palace rejected after a 45 minute trial.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Was Lee Barnard still at Spurs when Gus was No 2 there?

I don't know but I'd love to hear us start getting linked to some realistic players at the moment. All we hear is we'd like to sign a RB playing in the WC and a CM that's wanted by Sunderland and Southampton. I think Gus has drawn up a group of players that are out of our bracket and now we're struggling and missing out on players.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know but I'd love to hear us start getting linked to some realistic players at the moment. All we hear is we'd like to sign a RB playing in the WC and a CM that's wanted by Sunderland and Southampton. I think Gus has drawn up a group of players that are out of our bracket and now we're struggling and missing out on players.

It's early days. Chill.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's June 18th so we're not struggling. Quality not quantity.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I'm not sure any manager works like that.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why can't people stop getting their freaking knickers in a twist and stop counting down them minutes just cause we haven't signed anyone!!!

Ffs it's June! Over a month to go till the season starts u bunch of cretins

Why are you do worried who palace sign anyway? They're average/solid players, nothing to be concerned about!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why can't people stop getting their freaking knickers in a twist and stop counting down them minutes just cause we haven't signed anyone!!!

Ffs it's June! Over a month to go till the season starts u bunch of cretins

Why are you do worried who palace sign anyway? They're average/solid players, nothing to be concerned about!!
Exactly, there's two months, we've (supposedly) missed out on a player most people wouldn't have even wanted. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to the Albion news, Paul Barber started work today so we can now concentrate on signing players. Maybe there are some or even one that are imminent?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jesus.

1. I think Wilbrahim is a VERY loose definition of "Premier".
2. I can see deals being done much later this close season, especially for players, in contract, who really are "Premier". This is largely because of the manager merry-go-round we've just had and the fact that Europe's elite players are still all at the Euros. I doubt any top side knows it's full requirements yet and therefore who they are willing to make available for transfer or loan.
3. Where is the evidence we 'lost out'? "Palace have signed" is way different to "we have lost out on".

Chill Winstons.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
"lost out" because Navarro said he couldn't persuade him to join BHA which would suggest we had tried to sign him. Don't care anyway tbh wouldn't have been particularly thrilled with Wilbraham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here