Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Minteh - This worries me

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not an unreasonable fear.

There are some big tackles going into him at the beginning of my compilation, 0:20- 0:45

Like Lamptey was, his astonishing speed and acceleration gets him out of trouble quite a lot but he is going to take some big hits in the EPL. Hopefully, he is not made out of balsa wood and glass.

Looks encouraging. We'll see how he transitions to the PL. There's an extraordinary finish there on c2:45 which I had to look at a couple of times to work out what he'd done. Because he's got a left foot, no doubt no end on here will claim 'he's only got one foot' but he exploits that view brilliantly with this finish as he looks as though he's going to shoot with his left and feints to do so but actually gets in quicker -- surprise! -- with his right.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
A better proxy for this fear is Mitoma who is way slighter than either YM or TL.

Yet he skips past such challenges with ease.

I do agree refs could do more to protect flair players but I don’t think we need to overly worry.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

There are some big tackles going into him at the beginning of my compilation, 0:20- 0:45

Like Lamptey was, his astonishing speed and acceleration gets him out of trouble quite a lot but he is going to take some big hits in the EPL. Hopefully, he is not made out of balsa wood and glass.

I'm surprised that watching that is making people worried!

Tasty.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

‘Worried’ wasn’t my first thought watching that :smile:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Based on the video on this thread and without mentioning girth....he looks a lot more solid and well built than little Tariq.

I'd be more concerned about the division he has come from given our recent purchases from that part of the world.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
When Ryan Giggs first appeared on the scene I thought he would be kicked out of every game. His legs looked like matchsticks. That was a more physical era and he was just fine.
Lamps is just very injury prone it seems.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I'm confused, you're concerned because our new signing is too fast?

NSC goes full circle.
WTF, no. what I am worried about is the opposition defence will get away with "professional" fouls because they can't cope with him any other way. TBH after years of not seeing full matches when we got to the PL and I was once again able to watch my team play I was shocked at how fouling had become integral to the game. Sure I remember calling for Tank when a player was causing us trouble but FFS that was 3rd Div in the seventies. Whats going on now with "professional; fouls" reminds me of Aussie Rules before they brought in match review before this players just got knobbled, now every game is reviewed and players are held to account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here