Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minor injuries

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'd love to be say 25 and a pro footy player, out for a year and picking up say a quarter million pounds for doing f*** all. I have never known an industry like it where a lollipop thrown in the direction of your thigh gives you two weeks off.

Most players will have a clause in there contract with regards to injuries like this, I believe Dyer at West Ham lost a certain amount of pay after a certain time out

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Football is just another workplace despite what the deluded fan may say. It's a job and in the same way you get your workshy office sicknote you get the same in Football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I played with a minor muscle problem about 12 months ago... It resulted in me not being able to play for close to 7 months..

There's many a good player who played with pain killing injections years ago who have had to have joints replaced now before their time. Peter Ward is just one example.

Deven

Oct 23, 2012
I do have some issues about the second one but not going to share the time. I think
they can consider it disgusting and I might be banned from the community lolz..
let me discuss it with some friend. :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Non league players are not anywhere near the fitness level of a pro player, so can play with minor tweaks as they are never going to test their bodies to the limit. Pro push their bodies tot he limit every week (well some do) so if any part of the body is injured, then they cannot perform to the top level (or something like that)

Indeed. It's also why non-league and park players can play after a skinful of beer, but for top players, the finely-tuned athletes, drinking alcohol is like putting diesel in a Formula One car. And yes I know back in the 1970s Ron Harris and Jack Charlton would each drink thirteen pints of light and bitter in the dressing room before the match and then go out and pull each other's legs off, but the game's changed now.

Elliott22

Nov 30, 2012
Non league players are not anywhere near the fitness level of a pro player, so can play with minor tweaks as they are never going to test their bodies to the limit. Pro push their bodies tot he limit every week (well some do) so if any part of the body is injured.....

owenthemonkey

Aug 17, 2011
this is a f***ing stupid post. League football is an elite level sport and teams need players to be 100% fit to win. They are highly tuned athletes comapared to the 60's,70's, 80's and even 90's. Injuries happen a lot more due to the intensity of the training and the lighter technologically advanced footwear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here