Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minimum points from England's opening 2 games?

How many points do England need from their first 2 games?

Votes: 6 7.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.9%

Votes: 47 61.8%

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given all of the factors I'm convinced Cappello would BITE OFF YOUR HAND if you offered him a draw in Zagreb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well it has to be win in Andorra and draw in Croatia. But there is no way we can even draw in Croatia!

I reckon the Andorra game will be pretty desperate as well. At the end some player will say that it was difficult as Andorra were always defending.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
We only need to win the Andorra game I reckon. Beat Ukraine at home and draw them away, then it doesn't matter how we do against Croatia. But to get the fans and media believing and back on side, nothing less than 4 will do. To be honest I don't think Croatia are that great. If Modric is their star man then Middlesbrough and Slumderland have shown they ain't up to much. Offer our players a nice incentive like a spitroast party in Gants Hill and they'll play their hearts out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we lose against Croatia we will have to sweat on qualification til the final match.

This is a BIG match and we are in a mess. Half of this team needs to stand up and be counted. If we lose I think Cappello will wield the axe in a major way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We only need to win the Andorra game I reckon. Beat Ukraine at home and draw them away, then it doesn't matter how we do against Croatia. But to get the fans and media believing and back on side, nothing less than 4 will do. To be honest I don't think Croatia are that great. If Modric is their star man then Middlesbrough and Slumderland have shown they ain't up to much. Offer our players a nice incentive like a spitroast party in Gants Hill and they'll play their hearts out.

Croatia not that great....how do you come to this conclusion? It was this conclusion which contributed to England's downfall last time round. They beat us twice..once when nothing mattered.....they couldnt do much more.

I think Ukraine will be difficult.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Croatia not that great....how do you come to this conclusion? It was this conclusion which contributed to England's downfall last time round. They beat us twice..once when nothing mattered.....they couldnt do much more.

I think Ukraine will be difficult.

I think it was more more that we were utterly, utterly dire in both games. I don't think you can use a result against Steve McClown's England as a benchmark for a great side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The English media and fans underestimate how good Croatia are at home in Zagreb.

They've only lost once in 38-odd matches in their capital city and that was against France who were World Champions at the time and a month away from winning Euro 2000. This includes "meaningless friendlies", the likes of which we often lose.

This does not bode well for our chances of success. Better teams than us have come away many a time from there with f*** all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are 0, 1 or 2 even on the list? We HAVE to beat Andorra. You could easily argue that this group is going to be decided on who drops the fewest points against the minnows. Remember, we lost at home to Italy in 1997 then drew in Rome and ended up topping the group.

Three points is the minimum requirement and there is NO WAY we won't beat Andorra, although it better be an improvement on the last shit effort when we last played them in Barca.

If we lose in Zagreb, we're going to have to pick up a point or 3 in the Ukraine AND win all our home games. Difficult but not impossible. Four points would be highly satisfactory. Six points would almost justify Capello's £6m annual salary.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Would rather Tottenham beat AV and Wigan than England beat Andorra and Croatia.
There speaks a true Premiership fan. If that really is your opinion then fair enough, you're entitled to it. I do think that you're being a bit short-term though. In 2010 when we're watching the rest of the world play in the World Cup will you REALLY console yourself by saying, "Ah well, at least Spurs got six points against Aston Villa and Wigan back in September 2008" ?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Would love: 6
Would settle for: 4
Probably get: 3

Pretty much sums it up.
6 would be great, I'd be happy with 4, am expecting 3

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think it will be same old England, a 2-0 win in Andorra and a 1-0 defeat in Croatia, both games boring and the press will slag them all off and call for O'Niell to become manager.

I dont like that Lampard has been injured all week, and not trained, but will be miraculously fit enough to walk into the starting line up both games :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here