Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mini Tornado in North London

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

Tricky Dicky said:
We also have the 18th, 19th and 20th floors in the Barclays building - it is a bit high isn't it.

Out of interest, just being nosey like, what have you to do with the Olympics people ?

Was meeting their PR people re: long-term planning / stuff I can do with them for the magazines I work on.

And you?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
From BBC London:

At approximately 11.30 this morning the NW10 borough of Harlesden was hit by a "mini tornado".

The twister ripped through several homes in the Kensall Rise area and has caused "considerable damage".

Resident or Chamberlain Road, Muhammed Aughar, said: "it was quite unbelievable, I saw wheelie bins, kebab wrappers and women in Hijaabs flying through the air as if they were giant black parachutes"

Several burnt out cars were damaged during the incident, and several rooves were damaged in the high winds, "although",commented one onlooker, "to be fair, in some instances the storm appears to have improved the appearance of some streets involved having at least blown some of the local rubbish towards more affluent Hampstead"

The cost of damage incurred in the Hurricane could rise to as much as £13.56

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

eastlondonseagull said:
I was in the Barclays Building the other day, visiting the Olympics people. Nearly shat myself when I got to the 23rd floor. Could've warned me about the floor-to-ceiling windows :(

I work on the 23rd floor in the Olympics Team,

pm next time you're over here. I love the windows. We were the first ones in the building, one day i was casually leaning againgst one of the windows and it gave a mm or probably only a mini mm, boy did I go white!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
One of my colleagues has had the roof on his house lifted up and dumped back down askew while he and his wife were downstairs, as well as having four of their windows blown in...it's ARMAGEDDON out there.:nono:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

eastlondonseagull said:
Was meeting their PR people re: long-term planning / stuff I can do with them for the magazines I work on.

And you?

IT for Cantor Fitzgerald/BGC. C++ programmer extraordinaire - extraordinarlly bad that is - but hey, they haven't realised yet in 11 years.

Tricky Dicky said:
We also have the 18th, 19th and 20th floors in the Barclays building - it is a bit high isn't it.

Out of interest, just being nosey like, what have you to do with the Olympics people ?

You're one of the CBG's ?

I am working with the businesses in the Olympic area, we have to move 200+ out by July 2007. Others here have developed the whole concept, the outline plans and will be involved in turning the area back into parkland etc afterwards.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

London Calling said:
I work on the 23rd floor in the Olympics Team,

pm next time you're over here. I love the windows. We were the first ones in the building, one day i was casually leaning againgst one of the windows and it gave a mm or probably only a mini mm, boy did I go white!!!

I'm sure the whole tone of the building was lowered when we moved in. Nobody likes us.

eastlondonseagull said:

And you?

ODA or LOCOG people or us the lDA?

Tricky Dicky said:
I'm sure the whole tone of the building was lowered when we moved in. Nobody likes us.

Some of the people I work with can't believe the language some of your colleagues come out with.

Quite often we have a few dignatories and/or VIP's and there some bloke(s) in the lift, rolling out the C*** this f****** this.

At least they all seem to have a good Shag at the weekend despite drinking 20 pints!!

Amazingly, there also some very smart iberian people who work there and some absolute stunners.

I imagine there's going to be a few good do's over the next few weeks.

LC

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

London Calling said:
Some of the people I work with can't believe the language some of your colleagues come out with.

Quite often we have a few dignatories and/or VIP's and there some bloke(s) in the lift, rolling out the C*** this f****** this.

At least they all seem to have a good Shag at the weekend despite drinking 20 pints!!

Amazingly, there also some very smart iberian people who work there and some absolute stunners.

I imagine there's going to be a few good do's over the next few weeks.

LC

Yup, the language on the Trading floor is quite, er, ripe. I don't think that's unusual for City trading floors though. At least not ones I've been to.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
was the storm heading north? or coming south ways. was just a tad worried about selhurst park :lolol: mind you id be very worried if it hit withdean, imagine all those seats landing in local gardns

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
From BBC London:

At approximately 11.30 this morning the NW10 borough of Harlesden was hit by a "mini tornado".

The twister ripped through several homes in the Kensall Rise area and has caused "considerable damage".

Resident or Chamberlain Road, Muhammed Aughar, said: "it was quite unbelievable, I saw wheelie bins, kebab wrappers and women in Hijaabs flying through the air as if they were giant black parachutes"

Several burnt out cars were damaged during the incident, and several rooves were damaged in the high winds, "although",commented one onlooker, "to be fair, in some instances the storm appears to have improved the appearance of some streets involved having at least blown some of the local rubbish towards more affluent Hampstead"

The cost of damage incurred in the Hurricane could rise to as much as £13.56

very good :lolol: :bowdown:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

Tricky Dicky said:
Yup, the language on the Trading floor is quite, er, ripe. I don't think that's unusual for City trading floors though. At least not ones I've been to.

I also imagine Seb Coe told Steve Ovett that he was a "balding C***" a few times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here