Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mini Tornado in North London

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Virgo's Haircut said:
On Sky News now.

Ripped roofs off houses, not sure of any injuries.

Sitting here in Canary Wharf about half hour ago, the sky went v.black and the wind got v.v.v.strong. String enough to bend some quite big trees and sway some lamp posts. Ten minutes later there wasn't a cloud in the sky !

Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

Tricky Dicky said:
Sitting here in Canary Wharf about half hour ago, the sky went v.black and the wind got v.v.v.strong. String enough to bend some quite big trees and sway some lamp posts. Ten minutes later there wasn't a cloud in the sky !

Same here, absolutely brialliant watching the sky get blacker and blacker, and then the storm hit, wow. I went for a poo and it was gone.

Where about in the Wharf are you?

LC

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
i work in Whetstone, it was awful up here at about 10.45-11. Terrbile hellstones, thunder and lightning.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

London Calling said:
Same here, absolutely brialliant watching the sky get blacker and blacker, and then the storm hit, wow. I went for a poo and it was gone.

LC

It's really sunny up here now.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

London Calling said:

LC

40 Bank Street, next to the tube, above Jubilee place. You ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sky went black in North London this morning, I was woken by thunder, lightning and a torrent of rain and then it disappeared just as quickly as it had come!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

Tricky Dicky said:
40 Bank Street, next to the tube, above Jubilee place. You ?

Within the Barclays Building, I was only having a IPSU soap at Jubilee Place yesterday.

lc

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

London Calling said:
Within the Barclays Building, I was only having a IPSU soap at Jubilee Place yesterday.

lc

I was in the Barclays Building the other day, visiting the Olympics people. Nearly shat myself when I got to the 23rd floor. Could've warned me about the floor-to-ceiling windows :(

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sitting Here in Romford, I too can confirm that the Sky went almost completely black, it began to hail and then there was one TERRIFIC thunderclap, v.windy.

Passed in about ten mins, now sunny.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini Tornado in North London

eastlondonseagull said:
I was in the Barclays Building the other day, visiting the Olympics people. Nearly shat myself when I got to the 23rd floor. Could've warned me about the floor-to-ceiling windows :(

We also have the 18th, 19th and 20th floors in the Barclays building - it is a bit high isn't it.

Out of interest, just being nosey like, what have you to do with the Olympics people ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shame it was in north London, not south...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
same happened in Soutwark, by the Market Porter........

bit grey now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here