Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Mingling with the Rich and Famous

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Did a play on the pitch corporate at St James's Park with Rob Lee, Nicky Summerby and Gary McAllister. Had long chat with McAllister about Gordon Greer as he had just been called up by Scotland. Really nice bloke.

Nicky Summerby scored from the half way line.

Rob Lee has an ENORMOUS cock and loved walking around the changing room naked and spraying on gallons of deep heat. A real stallion of a man.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh yeah

Walking through Hyde park with the wife who was heavily pregnant and we stopped for a coffee and we were just leaving the coffee hut and Paul Weller came round the other side at exactly the same time and bumped into my wife...

He looked at her tummy and said "oh I am so sorry, I hope your ok when are you due, you must be close"
I chirped up "your joking mate, shes not pregnant, just fat"
He looked at me, the wife hit me and started laughing...

He walked away shaking his head.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Julia Stiles briefly flirted with me until I panicked and ruined it.

Beverley Craven was a sour faced demanding cow at a charity event. Adam Virgo hosted said event and was extremely nervous, but polite.

Had a long chat with Judi Dench while working on a show. She was just about the nicest person ever.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I saw the Reading FC squad at Oxford services in spring 2006
I approached Coppell and said I was a Brighton fan and that I wished he’d never left. We were deep in relegation trouble and he said “trust me, Brighton will be alright”. Wise man, that Steve Coppell.

Couple of years ago I was staying in a hotel in Birmingham. Got in a lift with a thickset Asian-looking man, very vaguely familiar looking. Saw an older guy who aLso looked quite familiar at the breakfast Table. Thought nothing of it.
I was reading about England’s one day cricket team on my phone and that Chris Jordan had been called up. Then literally in front of me Chris Jordan approached eoian Morgan and shook his hand. It could not have been more surreal. I was in the middle of the England cricket squad. It was interesting. There was definitely a pecking order with Buttler at the top. The one I remember most is Johnny Bairstow , sat on his own with a scowl on his face. He looked like an unhappy and troubled man.
I realised the Asian guy was Adil Rashid and the older chap was Trevor Bayliss. I went back upstairs got my stuff together and headed out, only to see Ben Stokes in the Costa queue getting a coffee, clearly running late. fair play to him, he found time to sign some autographs for some kids.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Kelly Brook is, without doubt, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She stepped off an overnight transatlantic flight, without makeup and still melted my heart with her beaming smile and sunny “hello”.
:love:

Oi !!! Kelly is all mine I'll have you know. Mrs WS and I each have a 'one' - one person that we would be allowed to spend the night with and no consequences - mine is Kelly ( although I have considered swapping her for Sam Quek. )

As for famous people I've met :

> Served tea to Tony Blair ( and his bodyguards ) when he visited the Royal Albion Hotel

> Had a long political chat with Gyles Brandreth when he was staying in the hotel I worked in and he was waiting for his taxi. Nothing like his pompous TV persona - really nice guy.

> Had breakfast with all the Gladiators. Jet was as hot as !!!!

> Used to work with Kerry Mayo

> Literally bumped into Patsy Palmer at the Saturday Roller Disco at Southwick leisure centre. She helped me back up.

> Gave directions to Tessa Sanderson

> Spent the evening serving the Chippendales drinks. Always makes me chuckle that women used to swoon at them yet almost all of them were gay

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
My Nan bumped into Nicholas Lyndhurst one time, and being a dotty old lady she shouted, "Hello Rodney, How's Delboy?". He must get that sort of thing everywhere he goes, but he was decent enough to reply "Del's alright thanks, I'll tell him you said Hi." Fair play, he absolutely made my Nan's day and he'll always been in good books for that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was in a hotel in Inverness ( 2003) having a pre dinner refresher . . . . recognised a voice, peered over and it was Terry Nutkins. had been filming on the coast. lovely bloke.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Played poker against various celebs. Shane Warne, Audley Harrison, Teddy Sheringham, Darren Fletcher, David Lee (former NBA player) Mark Williams (snooker player) and Tobey Maguire among them.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I saw the Reading FC squad at Oxford services in spring 2006
I approached Coppell and said I was a Brighton fan and that I wished he’d never left. We were deep in relegation trouble and he said “trust me, Brighton will be alright”. Wise man, that Steve Coppell.

I once had to present a £10k cheque, one of those mahoosive ones, to John Madejski with Pardew in attendance. I feel a bit dirty now! It was in the Daily Mirror so I can't even deny it now!!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Saw Johnny Byrne at a bus stop in Oxford in 1995.
I said “Alright John”.
He said “Alright Mate”, with an exaggerated comedy wink.
Absolutely made my day.

The next day, Matt Elliott waved me across the road outside The Manor Ground. I’ve wheeled that story out a few times, I can tell you.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Saw Johnny Byrne at a bus stop in Oxford in 1995.
I said “Alright John”.
He said “Alright Mate”, with an exaggerated comedy wink.
Absolutely made my day.

The next day, Matt Elliott waved me across the road outside The Manor Ground. I’ve wheeled that story out a few times, I can tell you.

Ooh that reminds me... I met Sergei Gotsmanov outside The Manor Ground. I said “Hi Sergei, how are you?” He pointed to the sun and replied “Yes, lovely day”. To be fair his limited English was better than my Russian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ooh that reminds me... I met Sergei Gotsmanov outside The Manor Ground. I said “Hi Sergei, how are you?” He pointed to the sun and replied “Yes, lovely day”. To be fair his limited English was better than my Russian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t think it possible, but I you may have topped my JB story there .
I’ve still got Matt Elliott though

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Sold an choc ice to Mary Decker (Tripped up by Zola Budd at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics), in a newsagents in Crawley back in the late eighties .She had just married a bloke from Crawley.

Bizarrely, the TV Times that week had a photo on the front page of the trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here