Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall info; from your resident Millwall fan.

Mickey Pearce's Hat

Apr 14, 2011
Not posted for a while. But, for those that remember I'm the Millwall fan that now lives in Brighton and has a soft spot for the Seagulls.

Seen a lot of questions etc..so, will try and answer them all.

How to get to The Den:
Car: My route is M23, then M25 (Dartford), then turn off for A2 (signposted SE London, Canterbury etc). Follow road, then take slip road signposted A2 (Peckham, Central London). Follow until New Cross one way. Take slip road signposted A2 (Dover) which is actually going back on yourself. Then first left. Follow road. Then left at mini-roundabout. Follow road. You'll go past Cold Blow Lane- look for parking in side streets. Head towards billowing chimney for ground (should be Millwall fans to follow to). This route avoids going through central London in rush hour.

By train:
Easy. To London Bridge. Then go to platforms 12 to 16 for short 3 minute journey to South Bermondsey. It's the first stop. You can see ground from platform. Take walkway straight to away end.

Pubs:
Do not drink around the ground. As said, some just aren't nice and you'll get a kick in for not being local; rather than for anything football related. If you REALLY want to, try the Bramcote Arms on the estate opposite the station. Dont take walkway, come out of station and cross road. Keep walking through estate and after about 2 minutes you'll see pub. I would NOT wear colours as it would be seen as a piss take to be dealt with. I would only reccomend this if you are on your own or there's only 2 of you. A group would again be seen as a piss take.

Plenty of decent pubs around London Bridge. And more friendly to outsiders.

Tickets:
The entire away end holds 3,800 after restrictions. And is unallocated seating. Price is £22 adults. The upper tier is 2,200 after restrictions. Sometimes this further reduced. There will be plenty available, I'd imagine. I wouldn't reccomend sitting in home areas and making it known you are Brighton. Again, it will be seen as a piss take. And it wont be the fake 'front ups' you see at other grounds, you will be hit.

After the game:
If an away team brings a large following sometimes they are held back. This is because South Bermondsey platform is quite narrow and so to avoid dangerous over crowding the Met try and clear the majority of home fans. However, if you speak nicely to a policeman he may let you out if you drove.
Away fans are also held back if the game was played in a fiesty atmosphere with poor decesions and a last minute Millwall defeat.

Have a safe journey.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Can I just walk up and get a ticket in the away end or do I have to prove that I am with Brighton?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember you saying last year how big and strong MOST of the champ teams are. You were so right. If only Gus had read this he may have signed a tough tackling midfielder and made.more effort to keep Murray! Thats been outvundoing last few games. Not enough "muscle" we need a watercarrier or two.

Mickey Pearce's Hat

Apr 14, 2011
I remember you saying last year how big and strong MOST of the champ teams are. You were so right. If only Gus had read this he may have signed a tough tackling midfielder and made.more effort to keep Murray! Thats been outvundoing last few games. Not enough "muscle" we need a watercarrier or two.

That's right. I did. Biggest difference we saw.

You'll be alright though. And I think we will be too.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That's right. I did. Biggest difference we saw.

You'll be alright though. And I think we will be too.

I agree mate. There are about four of five teams in this div worse than us but if you really want to be taken seriously as contenders then you need a couple of bigger players (as in build) and that aint us :(

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just about to get on the train. Completely forget to see which pub near LB most are going too.
Can someone update this thread to save me searching on my phone! Cheers x

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just about to get on the train. Completely forget to see which pub near LB most are going too.
Can someone update this thread to save me searching on my phone! Cheers x

Market Porter mate, turn left out of London Bridge, lovely harveys.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not going to the game tonight, but cheers for the info and help to Brighton fans. Hoping for a good game, will listen online.

Mickey Pearce's Hat

Apr 14, 2011
Before entering away end via walkway are you stopped from walking around ground to go to Clubshop etc ?

Cheers

People are free to do whatever they like. You simply do not take the walkway, but instead follow home fans walking to the ground (2 minute walk). The main club shop is on the corner with the away end and you will see it as you turn into the stadium.

Away fans are not forced down the away end (idiot Leicester fans that make youtube videos take note).

There's also a Millwall Cafe opposite; should you want a cuppa or fish and chips etc.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
People are free to do whatever they like. You simply do not take the walkway, but instead follow home fans walking to the ground (2 minute walk). The main club shop is on the corner with the away end and you will see it as you turn into the stadium.

Away fans are not forced down the away end (idiot Leicester fans that make youtube videos take note).

There's also a Millwall Cafe opposite; should you want a cuppa or fish and chips etc.

Cheers MPH :thumbsup:

I'll be happy with a point tonight although you might not be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here