Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall Away Sat 11th Dec

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
tomysupercup said:
You seriously think we will sell out? ???

1,700 is only the initial allocation, the whole end must hold at least 4,000 (http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/)

can't see it myself........but you never know!

In fairness there never give people the entire end, from what I remember they like to keep the lower tier empty. Anyway this will be like Gillingham, we will not sell it out, as it is not viewed as a glamorous game, so the day trippers will stay away.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Better safe than sorry... Can't see why we wont sell out, and dont want to get caught out West Ham styley (I'll sit with the home fans at West Ham, but not so keen at Millwall!!!)

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Uncle Buck said:
In fairness there never give people the entire end, from what I remember they like to keep the lower tier empty. Anyway this will be like Gillingham, we will not sell it out, as it is not viewed as a glamorous game, so the day trippers will stay away.

If the club sold all 1,700 tickets and then asked for more, Millwall would let us fill the end. Liverpool had the upper and lower tear in the Carling cup (I think?) They're not going to turn money away are they!

It's a shame because every other London fixture attracts 2,500 / 3,000 min. But because its Millwall we'll only have 1,000 /1,500 there.

West ham, Orient only a few miles away but some people will just never go to Millwall!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
tomysupercup said:
If the club sold all 1,700 tickets and then asked for more, Millwall would let us fill the end. Liverpool had the upper and lower tear in the Carling cup (I think?) They're not going to turn money away are they!

It's a shame because every other London fixture attracts 2,500 / 3,000 min. But because its Millwall we'll only have 1,000 /1,500 there.

West ham, Orient only a few miles away but some people will just never go to Millwall!

I'm gutted to be missing this one, am away that weekend. :angry: So, if anyone wants my ticket, let me know asap!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll deffo be going, I was trying to get Mrs Gwylan to come but, as she's Millwall, she wants to go in their end with the rest of her family.

Trouble is, it's members-only there so she might come in the Albion end and shout for Millwall. Could be interesting :lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I'll go, come on folks what ya scared of, don't go looking fer trouble and you won't get it.

Talking sense for once young man

Loads of decent pubs in the London Bridge area to booze before the game, and then get a late train to Bermondsey so you are not walking around trying to find a pub near the ground (or you could booze in the ground, thats a novel idea!!)

Don't not go because its Millwall....if you wear Stone Island, Burberry or play up outside the ground then you will draw attention to yourself, but just be sensible and you should be fine

Be my first Albion game of the season, so can't wait ;)

Jameson

Enjoyed the last visit - plent of ale on sale in the ground so you can't go wrong really. Good coach trip right into the away end with OB in close attendance.

Now the old Den in the late 70's did take some bottle...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Me to go + 3 others

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
tomysupercup said:
When I was a kid in the '80s, I used to get taken to Albion matches (home and away) by Coxy's parents. Millwall was the only place I wasn't allowed to go, and I remember the stories from one trip they made in 1985, when Mick Ferguson scored the only goal in a 1-0 win up there.

At that game, half the Millwall crowd emptied to try and get into the away end. When the police prevented them from doing so, they started throwing bricks over the wall into the away end. Nasty. And after the game (Albion fans were led across the pitch to another exit apparently) the Cox's told me of how they bumped into an Albion fan who unconscious and was having his head kicked by about 6 Millwall skinheads. They got out the car and these thugs just walked off, so they took him to a hospital. Apparently the last thing this poor bloke remembers of the whole ordeal was being threated to have face slashed open with a knife - then he passed out and got his kicking.

That was what Millwall was like in the '80s so I guess some people who witnessed that sort of thing will never return. The reason I don't go to Millwall is that being part of a pitifully small away crowd in London just doesn't seem right, and what ever anyone says, I'd always feel like having to watch my back.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I went there on my own last year,or two ? and it was fine.Not missing this after probably missing Worst Ham

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think you will find Millwall at home is quite OK now.

Go to London Bridge then next train to South Bermondsey and a walkway takes you direct to away end.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I'll go, come on folks what ya scared of, don't go looking fer trouble and you won't get it.

Every other ground in the country I'd be happy to go along with this, but at Millwall it's simply not true - there is only one way out of the ground. All away supporters are funnelled out under the railway bridge and are sitting ducks if Millwall decide to have a go. I should know, I've been crushed in a stampede there before (although not with Albion).

Most likely it'll be safe this time but personally I would always advise against taking kids. I won't be going simply because Millwall are the scummiest of clubs in the scummiest part of London and there's no way I'm putting money into that shit club. Just my opinion, like.

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
I live about half a mile from the ground and its all ok round here these days. Trendy flats going up all over the place!! I wore my replica 70's bton shirt to the bank in bermondsey last week and got a couple of light hearted comments but thats it. They even sold chelsea gear in bermondsey square for the cup final :eek: Do not go in The Forresters though and best drink is around london bridge / borough market. The Royal Oak is the only tied Harveys pub in london and The Market Porter serves Sussex best. I am definitely going with colours. Do not be afraid:smokin:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Willow said:
I won't be going simply because Millwall are the scummiest of clubs in the scummiest part of London and there's no way I'm putting money into that shit club. Just my opinion, like.

What twaddle: have you ever been to the area? It's all executive flats and penthouses around Bermondsey these days.

And Millwall aren't the worst club either; at least they've done something to keep the yobs out, more than can be said for some clubs.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What's the problem with Millwall? How come people are happy to go to West Ham but not the 'Wall? Don't see the difference personally. I would be less worried about going to Millwall than Cardiff, at least you don't stand out quite as much in London. Won't be in the country but would go if I was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here