Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall article and Press Complaints

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have had a reply from the Press complaints about the Sun article.
It appears that Millwall may be putting in an official complaint themselves but has anyone else had a reply?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good for them, but you can bet if the Sun are forced to make an apology it will be located on about page 93 in amongst the small ads. This is one of the prices we pay for living in a free society, the press can print utter chad most of the time and get away with it scot free.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I got a reply, posted on here but appears to be a standard one sent to everyone!

:nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Would it not be a reasonable law to force papers to publish the apologies on the same page as the original offence occured. And taking up the same about of the page.

So if the Sun were to take out a 5 page special on total bollocks they should be forced to use the first 5 pages to apologies when it is proved to be utter bollocks.

Not to mention a hefty fine!

TWATS.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lammy said:
Would it not be a reasonable law to force papers to publish the apologies on the same page as the original offence occured. And taking up the same about of the page.

So if the Sun were to take out a 5 page special on total bollocks they should be forced to use the first 5 pages to apologies when it is proved to be utter bollocks.

Not to mention a hefty fine!

TWATS.

Fantastic idea
:clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ahem.

I missed this, what was the Sun article about??

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Ahem.

I missed this, what was the Sun article about??

Some Sun journalist went to the Miller v Brighters match and said he heard "Seig Heil!" chants with rasing of the arms (Seagulls and poiting at the pitch) and that they booed a black player onto/off the pitch when they were actually booing the substitution decision. Also stated his cameraman saw a rascist banner but funnily enough no picture in the paper! He went on about how theres still racsism in football and that match proved it....when there was'nt a drop of it in sight!
Big kick up from Millwall and us with letters to complaints and all sorts!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he wasn't a sun journo...he was the deputy editor of a black anti-white facist rag and was out to get an anti black racist story and thought Millwall would be fair game

wanker

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh my bad, cheers DAVE!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh right- I remember on the radio at the time, SCR said Millwall fans were actually disappointed Hayles got taken off, hence they were booing.

As for the sieg heil thing, that's come up before, what lazy and/or thick journalism that is....

Agreed, the Sun should have to devote the same space to the apology as they evidently did to the article.

dave the gaffer said:
the deputy editor of a black anti-white facist rag

Dave's clearly learnt the lesson of this entire episode. There's a freelancers' job now vacant at the Sun, fancy applying?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
CrabtreeBHA said:

Also stated his cameraman saw a rascist banner but funnily enough no picture in the paper!

I like that :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here