Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mill-wall away allocation?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is all their top tier holds. As a rule, they leave the bottom tier empty. And to be honest, 1,600 will probably be alright. We'll sell it out, but only just. Plenty of people just don't travel to Millwall, and it is also a night game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We talk about Palace being pikies its Millwall that are the true pikies. After my last visit to Millwall in 2009 when we beat them 1-0 I'm not going back, horrible place full of horrid people. Ticked Millwall off now, there are better places to see Albion away...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No they're not "pikeys" which i think is a horrible word. Originally, they were the dockers team. Of course they have a reputation but I've been there many times and never had a problem. Good atmosphere in the away upper tier. I'll be there.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
We'll sell the lot, or very nearly! All those who are worried, surely The New Den is one of the safest grounds these days? You get locked in until the streets are clear!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Never had a problem. Never expoerienced being locked in there.

You have a special walkway to the station after the game - one stop to London Bridge, then home.

This! You don't even have to touch bandit country and its a very safe day out unless your stupid enough to go looking close-by for a pub. It's also a great view from the upper tier and if you look to your left in the upper tier you have all their wannabee 12 year old hoolies trying to give us stick..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One of the safest away games on the season and a dead cert if you work in London.

Dandyman

In London village.
Proper community club. Plenty of their lads drinking with us around LB and no problems at all.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
One of the safest away games on the season and a dead cert if you work in London.

Completely disagree.
Yes, you can go without expecting to be beaten up, but no way is it one of the safest. Last two times i've been someone was nearly hit by a flying pint glass whilest in 'the cage', and many people around me (including myself) were hit by coins and/or other objects. Now to me that won't stop me going, but to others it'll put them off. At no other ground are you that intimidated.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Seen some epic battles with Millwall over the years, mainly on the pitch. One or two spicy moments off the pitch but also a lot of hot air and hype.

I fancy our chances for this one, given their current form. We should be looking for all three points if we have ambitions to be around the play offs.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That is all their top tier holds. As a rule, they leave the bottom tier empty. And to be honest, 1,600 will probably be alright. We'll sell it out, but only just. Plenty of people just don't travel to Millwall, and it is also a night game.

This. 1600 is plenty, more than Palarse would take anyway :moo:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just wonderered...how come the lower-tier is never used?

To make it look like there are no away fans at The Den on the TV highlights ??? I think the real reason they use the top tier is because 'Wall fans are not very good at climbing with a concealed blade in their strides.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Their new ground is nothing like Cold Blow Lane's welcoming for away fans who were stuck in a cage for their own protection.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The away end holds 2,200 so I'm sure you'll get more if the demand is there. They probably keep the corners free to prevent people throwing coins, or in your case - stones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here