Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll be headed over to Eastbourne on Sunday, absolutely gutted I was working today and couldn't get a look at the Draken this afternoon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
in London for the weekend, and just by chance seen the wonderful sight (and sound) of the Lanc flying over Westminster Abbey, where there's a Battle of Britain thanksgiving service today.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just got home from the Amex yesterday evening, when l heard the unmistaken sound of a Merlin engine in the distance, sure enough within a minute or two a Spitfire, wearing D-Day markings swooped low overhead, it did a couple of circuits of the village before disappearing into the ether.

I'm guessing it was part of an air display somewhere yesterday afternoon, and on it's way back to base.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
in London for the weekend, and just by chance seen the wonderful sight (and sound) of the Lanc flying over Westminster Abbey, where there's a Battle of Britain thanksgiving service today.
Glad you got to see it.
No joke, the same Lancaster flew directly over our road on way back up norf last Fri.
A wonderful sight and sound.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just got home from the Amex yesterday evening, when l heard the unmistaken sound of a Merlin engine in the distance, sure enough within a minute or two a Spitfire, wearing D-Day markings swooped low overhead, it did a couple of circuits of the village before disappearing into the ether.

I'm guessing it was part of an air display somewhere yesterday afternoon, and on it's way back to base.
We were playing golf last Saturday at Seaford Blatchington and the dual seat spit came over loads of times, the last time with a Cessna following close by obviously taking pictures of her flying. I think it is a heck of a cost to fly in the spit.

my mate flew in a jet provost trainer as a birthday present and the instructor let him have a go at flying the plane….he said he was terrified for the 5 minutes he had control. I would love it!

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20240915_191526_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240915_191439_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20240915_191449_WhatsApp.jpg

Taken by a friend last Thurs eve.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
If any of you get chance I'd suggest doing the Bournemouth Air show on Steamship Shieldhall, I did it this year, after doing similar on the Paddle Steamer Waverley last year and it is by far and away the best way to view an airshow. You're right under the flying area and a lot of displays, especially people like the Red Arrows, use the larger ships as a reference point.

This was last year when the Red Arrows were displaying.

1000004424.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here