Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike small

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
While we are reminiscing about past Albion players takes me back to one of my favourite Albion player mainly because he lived about 50 yards away from me & during his Albion days we took Liverpool to an f.a cup replay after a memorable 2.2 draw at anfield when Liverpool were top the tree but we also went to wembley in the play off final.
But according to wikapedia he only scored 13 goals for the Albion is that correct.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Micky Small and Johnny Byrne......brilliant partnership.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
On the subject, is there any footage from that 2-2 at Anfield or the replay? I know I had a copy on the Betamax many years ago! Those two games were probably my most memorable matches!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I'm sure Wiki only takes into account league games so that is probably right, particularly as he was only here for one season. Including cup goals it must be pretty close to twenty he scored though.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
On the subject, is there any footage from that 2-2 at Anfield or the replay? I know I had a copy on the Betamax many years ago! Those two games were probably my most memorable matches!

I would pay decent money to see it especially the first game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can't mention Mickey without talking about the Milwall play off semi.
When there fans ran onto the pitch and he just stood there, so they all ran off, happy days.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

Goldstone Rapper put a video of that game up recently.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

I have the goals and brief highlights from the Anfield match and half an hour of highlights from the replay on video. I transferred them on to a DVD, together with other selected Brighton games from over the years - but it seems to refuse to play now (what is the point of DVD-Rs - absolutely hopeless format). Still have the VHS originals. No idea how to upload them to online tho.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I played football with him in Wish Park the summer after our playoff final defeat.
I was gutted when he left for West Ham.

I don't remember playing football with him in wish park but remember him taking his daughter to play on the swings in
Wish park.
I love the fact that when he signed for west ham that he put a clause in his contract if he picked by England,that is confidence.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mike Small was a special player as we made our way back down the pyramid... big tough lump with skill ... was well liked on the terraces.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

God, that goal should NEVER have been disallowed. Even on the replays there's nothing wrong with it :angry:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God, that goal should NEVER have been disallowed. Even on the replays there's nothing wrong with it :angry:
I'm yet to catch up on GRap's video from the Goldstone, so forgive my not quite exact memory.
But someone definitely gets either right in front of, or puts an arm across Grobbelaar as the ball comes in, certainly impeding his path to it.

It's one of those bloody good spots by the ref, that would be missed 70-80% of the time, just sods law, not that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here