Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Migraine related stuff......

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Anyone ever had this problem before??

Last week I got the first migraine I've had for about 10 years.... started with the "aura" or snowflakes in my eyes, funny dancing lines and wibbly wobbly shapes.... then I got an almighty headache....

Over the weekend and right now - I'm getting the "aura" thingy without the headache - so weird.....

Maybe I'm stressed or maybe theres something wrong - anyone else ever had this??

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I get them when I get dehydrated and they are very annoying. Never had the flickering lines without the headache after though. Extra strength paracetamol and straight to bed for me. :nono:

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
suffer badly with them , find dark room,quiet,sleep and loads of nuerafen do the trick , working with pc's doesn't help either.
does anyone get the sickness after the headache?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Join the club. I've had them since I was a child. I get them especially badly if I have to skip lunch. Making sure you drink plenty of water is one of the best ways to avoid them. They are more common in women than in men, but if you have two or more female forebears (in my case Dad's mum, my mother, her mother and her grandmother) as a bloke, you are almost certain to get them. Dissolvable Solpadeine or Nurofen Migraine are the best I find. My doctor sometimes puts me on Imigram but you only get six in a packet so you run out very quickly. The most annoying thing is that I get migraines if I drink beer at cricket on a warm day, so I tend to keep to coffee. A right nuisance, because they have Youngs in the Members' Bar at the Oval and I go for the whole test match.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mrs Bwian gets them-once so bad I had to take her to the hospital. Best thing to happen to her in getting relief from the bloody things-she was given Imigran(sp?) by injection and also got a prescription for them. She still gets the migraines but those tablets work in no time at all.

Thankfully I dont suffer from them but to those who do-get your Dr to prescribe them.

wxmfc2000

Sep 26, 2004
I suffer from Cluster Headaches. Although the following link isn't specifically for Migraine it has some useful stuff on it. There are a lot of people out there that think that they have Migraine but do actually suffer from CH. The treatment is different and diognosis is difficult to make so check the site out it might help!!

Headaches and stuff

Good luck

www.redtalk.co.uk

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
right off to the quacks this afternoon - had enough of this snowflakes in front of the eyes stuff.....driving me batty!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here