Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Might Poyet's appeal be delaying the signing of any obvious Oscar targets?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely the only affect it has is on budget, ie if we end up having to pay GP £2.5m then that must surely, for the most part, come out of the playing budget.

Which year though? Not necessarily this season, and no reason to believe it would have to be paid in one go, nor that it wouldn't be reduced by any future Poyet earnings.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
If the processes with Gus have been to the book as so far, he will either be re-instated as Manager with Garcia as Head Coach or he will be dismissed. if he is summarily dismissed there may be no notice period. if he is dismissed with notice, the payment will be as per his notice period which would normally be about three months. We would not pay millions if we do not need to.

If he was reinstated on appeal, then a compromise agreement might be reached for him to leave. That might be a year's salary but I guess that would be reduced if he found other employment before that time is up.

From what I've seen, I expect the Club to have handled this matter professionally and the LMA would have made sure they did. Either way, I don't see this matter affecting the transfer budget.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If the processes with Gus have been to the book as so far, he will either be re-instated as Manager with Garcia as Head Coach or he will be dismissed. if he is summarily dismissed there may be no notice period. if he is dismissed with notice, the payment will be as per his notice period which would normally be about three months. We would not pay millions if we do not need to.

He has been dismissed though, so won't be back regardless of the outcome

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Brian Owen has tweeted that Chicksen has been on our radar for some time so not an obvious Oscar signing.

Judging by the very tight odds on someone we have never heard of Oscar knew he was getting this job a LONG time ago and therefore plenty of time to discuss shopping lists

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Club careful to make clear the new left back had been on their radar for some time. Seems more likely to be a David Burke signing.

Of course it may be that Oscar is going to be a continental style head coach not as heavily involved in transfers. Filled similar role in Israel.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If he was reinstated on appeal, then a compromise agreement might be reached for him to leave. That might be a year's salary but I guess that would be reduced if he found other employment before that time is up.

From what I've seen, I expect the Club to have handled this matter professionally and the LMA would have made sure they did. Either way, I don't see this matter affecting the transfer budget.

Gus doesn't want to come back. This is all about money as he negotiated a four year contract with the club. If he was sacked, the club would have had to pay up his contract which is reportedly 2 million. If he left, then he, or his new club, would have had to pay us.
By dismissing him for breach of contract by employment rules, the club have sacked him but without paying him a penny. That is why he said he would appeal, not because he wants his job back, but because he will get the money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When is any appeal due to be heard. I though TB said it would be decided within 3 weeks which apparently runs out today. Being Sunday makes little difference because he was effectively sacked on a Sunday, so will there be a statement released this evening.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He has been dismissed though, so won't be back regardless of the outcome

No he won't be back, neither can he move on. He could sit on appeal for three years and would not be able to take a new job. He has enough money, he needs to get over it and move on whether he was right or wrong as with every day that goes by he becomes less employable. Is it his culture or his personality that appears to be so stubborn, not sure, but he needs to grow up and get the bigger picture. Never look back Gus always forward, you had it in your grasp and let it slip, I hope you learn, but suspect that you won't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus doesn't want to come back. This is all about money as he negotiated a four year contract with the club. If he was sacked, the club would have had to pay up his contract which is reportedly 2 million. If he left, then he, or his new club, would have had to pay us.
By dismissing him for breach of contract by employment rules, the club have sacked him but without paying him a penny. That is why he said he would appeal, not because he wants his job back, but because he will get the money.

Or he could end up with nada

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here