Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Miffed!

getpurple

Aug 10, 2011
Worthing
Hey all,

Just bought a couple of tickets from the ticket line for the West Ham game. I wanted three, and fortunately the chap found three. However I was only allowed to buy two as the third did not have a purchase history..!

My brother has just returned from working abroad for years, so has not been able to buy tickets in the past. Asking the call taker if the single seat would be sold to someone else, he replied 'probably not'. So this seat will 'probably' be empty for the West Ham game, when a perfectly decent person with no purchase history could be injecting further cash into the club.

Anywho, can anyone help me out on this? I really want to get that third ticket so we can go as a family, but the red tape is blocking me! :facepalm:

Cheers

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This has been happening for a few seasons now. Hindsight is a fine thing, but the best bet would have been to get him on the database long before he first needed a ticket. I am sure that you could email with your quandary and see if they can help out.

getpurple

Aug 10, 2011
Worthing
let me guess hes a hammers fan ?

Wrong guess. Always been a Brighton fan.

He's been on the database for a quite a while, and I've emailed the ticket office to see if they can help. Just frustrates me that they would rather leave a seat empty than have someone willing to pay.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Wrong guess. Always been a Brighton fan.

He's been on the database for a quite a while, and I've emailed the ticket office to see if they can help. Just frustrates me that they would rather leave a seat empty than have someone willing to pay.

brightonfan yet not a single piece of history ? the game will sell out with out a doubt, if it does not sell out with the puchase history it will go to general sale

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Basically you had two choices - buy your two 'purchase history' tickets there and then, or hang back for them to go on general sale to all those with no purchase history, and take your chances.

You say you're a bit miffed, but imagine someone else who has purchase history losing out on that seat to your brother who has NO purchase history. Hows that fair ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here