Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midnight Mass

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I used to have to go with my mother and grandparents however when i was old enough to choose if i went or not i stopped going, I put this down to being forced to go when younger!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BBC1 now - watch it

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
Beach Hut said:
BBC1 now - watch it

Well I go every week but tonight I had to stand as there were a load of tossers who aint been since last Christmas taking up all the seats.
Where’s the loyalty from the church?
I'll be writing a letter to the Bishop about this.

I guess they don’t want my donation in the plate week in week out for 52 weeks of the year. Im the one who keeps the church afloat through the lean times for the arses who turn up for the big Cup ties, er major Holy Days & big events.

Its all very well watching it on the box but there aint the same atmosphere. It aint like being there. You miss the 'off the alter' goings on when its on the box. And dont get me started on the twats who leave 5 minutes from the end. Why bother coming in the first place?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Was forced to go as a child and it contributed greatly to my atheism. It also helps remind me that few people realise what Christmas is supposed be about.

Oh, any part time Catholics who went last night remember that if you missed Mass last Sunday you're in a state of Mortal Sin and as such will go straight to Hell if you die.

Merry Christmas :lolol:

Gemini said:
Well I go every week but tonight I had to stand as there were a load of tossers who aint been since last Christmas taking up all the seats.
Where’s the loyalty from the church?
I'll be writing a letter to the Bishop about this.

I guess they don’t want my donation in the plate week in week out for 52 weeks of the year. Im the one who keeps the church afloat through the lean times for the arses who turn up for the big Cup ties, er major Holy Days & big events.

Its all very well watching it on the box but there aint the same atmosphere. It aint like being there. You miss the 'off the alter' goings on when its on the box. And dont get me started on the twats who leave 5 minutes from the end. Why bother coming in the first place?

Maybe you should ask the church for Season Tickets?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i was there:clap:

I went to my local countryside church for the cultural experience as much as anything. Wanted to feel the community spirit, see the little chapel down the little stony track (in Edburton) and to some extent experience a little nostalgia from those youthful days when I had to go with parents.

It's always a good plan to visit a local church when abroad too, as you get more of the feeling of the culture and customs, or you see what we have in common.

Anyway... the service last night was about as brilliant as I could hope for really;
the half-light of a tiny church bathed a full (but not so much that no-one could sit) congregation. The clean smell of the white candles mixed with the little bouquets of flowers hung on pillars and resting on altars and shelves, and the aging wood of pews and roof timbers. The vicar mentioned a few local names, either of absent friends or deceased from the last year, and his humble service wasn't strictly adhering to biblical verse or anything - so it made for a warmer and more personal relating of the Christmas story. A few well-known hymns interspersed his chats, it was short enough to be sweet, and long enough to have been called an experience.

No fuss or requirements, just the local community gathering mutually on a cool winter night in a cozy little Christmas setting. You really don't have to be religious to enjoy this sort of thing, and I can spend the evening at the boozer any weekend night of the year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here