Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfielder this week

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I do not normally slag any Albion players off, but where is your evidence for that statement? When he arrived, I expected him to be the enforcer in midfield, but I don't think he will ever be first team at this level. Granted he executed that free kick with brilliance, other than that, he has shown very little.

enforcer? That's not Harley's style. I live down near Exeter when I'm not overseas, and he was brilliant for them during the same season when Bennett was brilliant for us, CMS for Posh, Noone for Plymouth, Hoskins for Brizzle and so on. He was good enough for Swansea to beat us to his signature, before they got to the prem and had bigger fish to fry. The fans in Exeter still rave about him. I think he's another one that just needs time to settle in and get used to this level of football, I'm sure he's good enough for the championship, although I think he'll only be able to show it with us if Vicente is out injured or whatever, and I do expect him to move on because of lack of opportunity here.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Crofts is exactly the kind of player we need alongside Bridcutt, behind Vicente. Trotter or Keith Andrews would be other similar options but cost more and have less links with us.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Fitz Hall anyone? Big, strong. Can play Central defence and central midfield. Also has PL experience. Sadly no Champions league experience..... Should we rule him out?

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Fitz Hall anyone? Big, strong. Can play Central defence and central midfield. Watch this space

I don't get it? watch this space? What do you mean by that, you don't know any more than any other fan speculating so what space am i meant to be watching?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I don't get it? watch this space? What do you mean by that, you don't know any more than any other fan speculating so what space am i meant to be watching?
holder_watch-this-space.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hasn't it been suggested it is a player that has played for us before? In which Crofts is a possibility, as is Steve Sidwell.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
If you lot got Shaun Derry, I'd be insanely envious.

He's the best enforcer in the division and an absolutely top bloke to boot. Loved him with us.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Delph.... hmmmm.... not sure hes what we want... not what I see as an 'enforcer'

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought we had been priced out because the player is getting too paid too much! How much is a 31 yo worth?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here