Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesex v Sussex (Twenty20 at Richmond)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
nash:bowdown:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I went to Richmond earlier; it was the most comprehensive SPANKING I've can remember seeing Sussex giving out. In fact, the whole kaboodle was over and done with in 2 hours 10 minutes. Our fielding was SPOT-ON as well -- Hopkinson's catch was outstanding.

Nash looked nervous to start off with but then played some exceptional strokes. He may have been a bit of a stuck-up knob when I played against him at u-15 level... but he's all right by me now.

I'd love to go on Tuesday night but I have to be at work (in west London) for 9pm :angry:

Up the Sussex -- Trent Bridge anyone?

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Large One said:
Richmond is in Surrey, or rather, was, and still uses Surrey as the postal address. Bizarre.

It's now in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames -- and Royal Mail has not used counties as part of addresses since 1996.

But yes -- it was an odd place to play. A bit like Eastbourne, only not as good, or not as big. It occupies a corner of the London Welsh rugby ground in Old Deer Park, which I found quite amusing as I most people there were reasonably young. It had a horrible 1980s prefab pavilion. And yes, it was right next door to the "Central Surrey Bowls Club".

A decidedly forgettable outground, in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here