Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Middlesex CCC v Sussex CCC, Radlett, Bob Willis Trophy, 22-25 August 2020***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Anyone know any rain dances

Attachments

• Rain 1.png
    Rain 1.png
    859 KB · Views: 152
  • Rain.png
    Rain.png
    970.9 KB · Views: 152

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's a dreadful defeat. They were 213 behind with six wickets down at one stage, not only did we let them get within 100 runs of us but batted like puddings in the second innings.

And how did we manage to give away 30 extras in a low scoring game?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure where we go from here for our long game. No coach, no batters and Robinson.

Lambs to the slaughter with Wells, Wright, Evans, Bopara, Briggs, Beer, Jordan, +++ nowhere to be seen or rested.

Garton injured again andt Salt going backwards.

Might be a distorted picture but players looked overweight and unfit.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure where we go from here for our long game. No coach, no batters and Robinson.

Lambs to the slaughter with Wells, Wright, Evans, Bopara, Briggs, Beer, Jordan, +++ nowhere to be seen or rested.

Garton injured again andt Salt going backwards.

Might be a distorted picture but players looked overweight and unfit.

Evans has been shipped out on loan, Jordan is with the England one day squad.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Evans is off to Surrey permanently I thought as well now

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That's a dreadful defeat. They were 213 behind with six wickets down at one stage, not only did we let them get within 100 runs of us but batted like puddings in the second innings.

And how did we manage to give away 30 extras in a low scoring game?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how long you've been following Sussex for but "Extras" is always a prolific scorer for the opposition.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Riot Act 1714

I know it's not necessarily the most palatable option and I understand what might be the consequences of such a move but if I was Dizzy Gillespie I would be seriously contemplating reading the players the Riot Act.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And how did we manage to give away 30 extras in a low scoring game?

I don't know how long you've been following Sussex for but "Extras" is always a prolific scorer for the opposition.

That's really not true - I do remember a game in the mid-70s when Alan Mansell had a 'mare against Greig's off-cutters and let through about 50 byes but I don't think that we tend to let in more than other clubs

I've just had a look back through the years at Sussex v Middlesex in 1970,80, 90, 2000 and 2010 and only in the last one was there any significant number of extras (and that was a lower percentage than yesterday)

Just look back at the last game: Essex were chasing a similar total and Sussex only conceded 7 extras.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I'm trying (and sometimes failing) to not get too worked up about it this year. Will hopefully be a different picture with a our overseas back, plus CJ and those unfairly left out by Gillespie. At least its a chance to see which of the youngsters have some potential. Finch has batted well and Carson looks a very useful spinner.

I do seriously worry about our lack of backbone/winning mentality though. Too often do we fold like a deck of cards, and that has to come from the top. We appear very weak mentally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here