Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How good was van Hecke ? My first proper look at him today.

He muffed one headed challenge in the first half which resulted in them getting in behind, but other than that, he was imperious. Composure, anticipation, positioning, always looked like he had oodles of time on the ball and sprayed it around with great aplomb. Him and Colwill looked like they'd been playing together for years.

Yet ANOTHER top prospect on the brink of some serious 1st team involvement. Its getting silly now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some lovely complimentary comments on the Boro fans forum (what a great bunch they are)

but this, vv this was quite funny:

View attachment 155493
"Terrible really. Nearly all there goals were just so simple. Ripped through our field at leisure. Hate to say so but the quility has to be admired. To think we were there once."

Whilst I'm well aware where we've come from as a side, and that Middlesbrough have finished top half in the PL several times, but were they really playing great football to achieve it, or was it more like Burnley's football that achieved 7th place?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
"Terrible really. Nearly all there goals were just so simple. Ripped through our field at leisure. Hate to say so but the quility has to be admired. To think we were there once."

Whilst I'm well aware where we've come from as a side, and that Middlesbrough have finished top half in the PL several times, but were they really playing great football to achieve it, or was it more like Burnley's football that achieved 7th place?
Tbf they had ravenelli and juninho at one point but that was about 15 years ago wasn't it !!!

Correction

25 years ago. Bloody hell. Scary.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

He muffed one headed challenge in the first half which resulted in them getting in behind, but other than that, he was imperious. Composure, anticipation, positioning, always looked like he had oodles of time on the ball and sprayed it around with great aplomb. Him and Colwill looked like they'd been playing together for years.

Yet ANOTHER top prospect on the brink of some serious 1st team involvement. Its getting silly now.
This.

I've thought for a while, he could be a future captain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tbf they had ravenelli and juninho at one point but that was about 15 years ago wasn't it !!!

Correction

25 years ago. Bloody hell. Scary.
Yeah I do remember them and they probably played better football than I remember (which shouldn't surprise me, as my memory appears to be crap)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It has happened a bunch of times in the last few years... time to realise this is a good team.
I’m very well and increasingly aware this is a good team! Just not used to it!

always expecting us to lose to Forest Green Rovers or Grimsby in the next round!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
From their other forum -

'Brighton are a top premier league team these days - no disgrace just better players than us. Including one of the best players in the world on current form in my opinion.'

'They're above Chelsea, Villa, Palace, Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Everton and Southampton, and the lad wearing their number 10 shirt just won the world cup, and was one of the best players in the tournament, don't worry about it.:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t think it’s to go with that , he’s turned down a new contract .
That’s the second time you’ve posted that. Don’t believe all you read on the net.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

On the Chavs-Boehly scale, he's already worth £22.5m to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here