Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Middlesbrough v Reading

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Mathematically reading still need a point to stay up so all to play for!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading are utterly dismal. They are in no danger of relegation, and will be about as interested in putting themselves out for this one as you'd expect of a team who are already planning their Las Vegas trips for mid May. They can't score for toffee, and have Ali Al Habsi in goal. Boro could field their second XI and they'd still win this one.

The only thing that intrigues me is whether there will be more Reading fans present for a 500 mile round trip than made it to the Amex (200 or so?).

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Reading are utterly dismal. They are in no danger of relegation, and will be about as interested in putting themselves out for this one as you'd expect of a team who are already planning their Las Vegas trips for mid May. They can't score for toffee, and have Ali Al Habsi in goal. Boro could field their second XI and they'd still win this one.

The only thing that intrigues me is whether there will be more Reading fans present for a 500 mile round trip than made it to the Amex (200 or so?).

They had sold 70 earlier this week

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
And a great song too!

That is the first time I have bothered to click on that and watch the video.

If I were a Reading fan, I would be more embarrassed about that than having Joey Barton at my club!

How on earth did ANYONE think that was a good idea?

Tell me that some other championship team has come up with a spoof version to sing at the MajStad...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How on earth did ANYONE think that was a good idea?

Tell me that some other championship team has come up with a spoof version to sing at the MajStad...

Some things in life- most of Donald Trump's output, for example- are simply beyond parody.

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
He will be doing very well. No team has scored 2 goals at the Riverside since August 2014.

Tonight is massive, IF we can get 3 points tonight and Saturday v Bolton then then it will put us on 85 point, needing 2 more wins from 4 games to make 91 (which should be enough, I hope). That means you would only be able to afford 1 draw and win 4. Even then our goal difference would send us up if it stays similar.

Ayala being back is huge, him being out also coincided with out poor run. Gibson and Ayala playing together have lost 1 league game in 2 and a half years, last season to Fulham in the 90th minute when Dimi went up for a corner. Team is much more solid with the pair of them at the back.

Fingers crossed for tonight, Up The Boro!

I'm worried that Ramirez is only on the bench tonight. I suppose Karanka is saving him for harder opposition. I hope it doesn't back fire

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Reading have no chance tonight, I'm taking it as read that Boro will bag 3 points and give their goal difference a nice little boost while they're at it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Listening on the championship player / nowt happening yet. 4 changed to Borough squad Rhodes in Nugent and McShane at the back for reading 1-0 in the 79th would be nice

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know. You were happy for them to beat Hull "because Hull had easier games", which in hindsight hasn't helped us :)
That's not true. I wanted that game to be a draw, because if either team won there was a chance it would give them a lift and they'd go on a run. Which is what's happened. If one team won, I wanted it to be 'brough, as we'd still have a chance of catching them on the last day. And it has helped us, Hull are not much of a threat now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1-0 Reading are useless!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here