Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Microsoft Word Advise

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I have had my laptop for 2 years and it came with Word already installed.

Have never had any problems with it but now everytime i try to get on there its asking me for a product key which i havent got? Also this particular word is in a different layout so im guessing its some kind of update. However i havent asked for it to be updated

Any ideas?

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
Check on your start menu, all programs, and look for a sub folder called Microsoft Office. If you've 'accidentally' installed a newer version you should see two Microsoft Word icons. Click on the older one and it should work.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Just had a look and yes it is. Sadly its now unreadable though

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Check on your start menu, all programs, and look for a sub folder called Microsoft Office. If you've 'accidentally' installed a newer version you should see two Microsoft Word icons. Click on the older one and it should work.

Just the one there im afraid. If it was just an update then wouldnt that be the case anyway?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The latest version of Word is a bit weird - it doesn't work like earlier versions - all the functions are in different places.
I've had it on my 'puter at work for two or three months now - I've kinda got used to it, but still can't say I like it much.................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here