Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky dams - Since you've been gone

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Your career has been a catalog of failure. People may have had their doubts about Wilkins but he has every right to feel aggrieved. I think DK has dropped one if not two bollocks on this decision, I hope I'm wrong.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
This is my concern. He practically built the promotion sides from scratch but he didn't have that luxury at Leicester, Coventry etc and hasn't had great success before or after the Albion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to argue with that. We need Dean Wilkins to stay. Micky Adams can attract players, provided they have played for any clubs he has been at (I supposed that list has got a lot longer since he left us).

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
This is my concern. He practically built the promotion sides from scratch but he didn't have that luxury at Leicester, Coventry etc and hasn't had great success before or after the Albion.

and he didn't have instant success. That first season at Withdean was pretty average, it wasn't till he bought in Cullip, Brooker and Zamora that he turned things around.

I wonder what happens when we hit a rough patch, seeing how fickle our fans are.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
how about every other manager that has come here. taylor, coppell, mcghee all had relitive success after their carreers were faultering came here and pu it right back on track...dont worry son. as the man said himself. keep the faith

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Since leaving us he's managed 210 league games in the top two divisions and won 74, lost 72, drawn 64. A championship promotion and a respectable fight against premiership relegation at Leicester should be considered a success.

At Coventry he had a mediocre spell but has anyone fared better since they dropped out of the top flight?

I don't think Mickys return was neccessary from a football perpsective however you can't argue that we have secured a proven manager with a strong affinity to the Albion. I have every sympathy for Dean Wilkins who was doing a fine job and seemed to be growing into a strong Manager.

I hope Wilkins can be convinced to stay on as coach, he has a big decision to make about his ambitions in the game and his treatment by the board. Martin Hinshelwood can surely offer some advice but I suspect Deans talents will offer broader opportunitys in the game.

All signs point towards an exciting summer with plenty of new signings. If these additions capture the imagination I'm sure the discontent among Wilkins supporters will dwindle and we can all get behind Micky.

As Micky would say, keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here