Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
With the squad he inherited, and the previous 2 seasons gone, he's doing nothing short of miraculously. Bar for a couple of late equaliser's we'd be in the playoffs, and through in the FA cup, and having beaten 2 Championship sides in the League Cup.

Still very much a work in progress, but after 6 or 7 years of decline, it was always going to take at least 2 years to turn it around.

Most importantly, MA has given Vale fans some pride back in the club, and got the players playing with a bit of pride in the shirt. We've been crying out for someone like him since John Rudge left 10 years ago.

More importantly, how are Fraser and LOFT?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have to say that given the poo he left us in last time round, I don't give a toss about Adams' future in football. Although grateful for what he did for us in his first stint here, as far as I'm concerned, he's now well past his best.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
With the squad he inherited, and the previous 2 seasons gone, he's doing nothing short of miraculously. Bar for a couple of late equaliser's we'd be in the playoffs, and through in the FA cup, and having beaten 2 Championship sides in the League Cup.

Still very much a work in progress, but after 6 or 7 years of decline, it was always going to take at least 2 years to turn it around.

Most importantly, MA has given Vale fans some pride back in the club, and got the players playing with a bit of pride in the shirt. We've been crying out for someone like him since John Rudge left 10 years ago.

That says it all.

Little Legs should never have been forced out of Brighton. Given the time and a free hand without individuals interfering with the running of the team, he would have taken this club forward.

By the way Zebedee "the poo" you refer to was already at the club before he was appointed, and he endeavoured to tip-toe through it. It's still there, and it contributed to Slade's demise too.

I am delighted that you are pleased with Adams saintvaliant. I am confident that you are pleased about his appointment of Vale's captain too (first revealed to you on this forum.) I wish you well with the replay and the plumb draw that follows.

saintvaliant

Jun 4, 2009
Fraser has done okay - a great captain and becoming a bit of a cult hero - helped greatly by Franny Jeffers getting sent off for nutting him and Fraser just standing his ground. Personally, I'd like to see him doing a bit more with the ball - shooting or going for the killer pass - has played through a couple of knocks though so I suspect his best is still to come.

Loft looks very tidy, has been injured for a while, but was beginning to show real promise when he got injured. Occasionally drifts out of games a bit easy and may struggle to get back in the side.

We've also now got Jason Jarrett - has looked immense in a couple of games, but was god awful the other week at Dagenham. Isn't fit mind having missed pre-season.

The only Adams moan thus far from some quarters is that he keeps snapping at our local radio. Personally, I love it because their coverage of us has been turd for years so MA can keep giving it to them IMHO, but some fans think he's a bit prone to over-reacting at the media questioning.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nice to hear that Tommy Fraser is still a cult.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
The only Adams moan thus far from some quarters is that he keeps snapping at our local radio. Personally, I love it because their coverage of us has been turd for years so MA can keep giving it to them IMHO, but some fans think he's a bit prone to over-reacting at the media questioning.

I think he is becoming tetchy in his later years, he did this with the brighton interviewers as well.

On a different note you've got some great breweries in Stoke, Townhouse (on the outskirts) being my personal favourite

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!

That's vintage Adams. During his highly successful first stint with us, a local part time female hack criticised a verbal attack Micky had made on a BBC Radio Sussex commentator in her weekly newspaper column. In a separate incident Adams shook another radio media man firmly by the throat. He doesn't suffer fools lightly. :smile:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fraser, unfortunately, doesn't have the ability to do anything with the ball, as far as I could see.

Jason Jarrett's an interesting one - looked good enough on his debut for us, but clearly couldn't be arsed after that.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Its all about his cuddles :lolol:

I honestly wish him luck

Part Vole

Ay up Duck
Sep 28, 2009
Staffs Moorlands
Hang on, wasn't this the man who told the entire port vale team that they were all up for sale after they lost a football match.
How is that good managing?

Yep - a few fans thought he'd lost the plot and team moral might suffer. Call it an outburst in the heat of the moment after losing, or a kick up the backside for the players - but we've gone 8 games unbeaten since then. So whatever it was... it worked.

He's come in to a club that's been in decline for years and on it's knees, having had an appalling season last time out - narrowly avoiding the Conference. First priority was to stop the rot and he's done that, making us hard to beat. We just need to start turning draws into wins and i think we'll be not far away from the play-offs come the end of the season.

Anyway, good luck to you guys in finding the right man to improve things there :wave:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He was a great manager, and I reckon still is if he is given time to rebuild and push on. Brighton first time round, and by the sounds of it, Port Vale, are perfect for him.

Brighton second time - he followed a controversial sacking of someone who was popular with a large chunk of the supporters, and a season in which we finished seventh, and we expected instant success. I don't think Adams does instant success (also shown by his efforts at Leicester), instead he shapes every part of a team, bit-by-bit, into something that works, and then the success follows.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
İbrahim Tatlıses;3207306 said:
We shouldn't have sacked him.....

He could have taken us to Falmer.

Of course only an assumption, but I reckon he would have kept us up in the end, and we would be battling for a playoff place this season.

Wankers.

The only way Adams would have taken us to Falmer is on the train.
He should never have been appointed.
Wilkins should never have been sacked.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
So Port Vale really are keeping the faith.

Extension seems fair given the original contract was just 12 months.

(Gosh, that was a glib post from me wasn't it?)

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I was really surprised Micky didnt do better with us last season. However, the revelations that Barry Lloyd interfered with things, and made him angry even, explains a lot (same for Slade?). This will need to be sorted out if any new manager is to succeed.

I will not be surprised if Micky succeeds at Vale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here