Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams - your infatuation with Hawkins and Virgo is DESTROYING our season

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really dont rate Virgo as a central defender either. A cult of central defending has built up due to his inadequacy elsewhere on the field.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Seconded!

And whilst we're at it what the f*** is Thomson offering the team? I would've thought that someone who captained a side in the SPL would give us some BITE in midfield instead of the relatively insipid performances we've seen week in week out - Stevie grab the game by the scruff of the neck or f*** off!!!

Couldn,t agree more. Thomson has recently not looked so shocking, because he has been carried by Johnson and Thornton. Take those two away, and he has returned to his mediocre self. Dreadful player, who continually hides.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm sorry after today Hawkins needs to be dropped, and put in Virgs in with Elphick. Because Tommy wants to play with someone who has the same pace as he does, and not with a slow donkey in Hawkins.

Hawkins is NOT SLOW.. he has made a couple of mistakes recently... but NO WAY IS HE SLOW. Do you actually watch the games?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hawkins is NOT SLOW.. he has made a couple of mistakes recently... but NO WAY IS HE SLOW. Do you actually watch the games?

he is slow and is often the wrong side of the player he is meant to be marking

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I really dont rate Virgo as a central defender either. A cult of central defending has built up due to his inadequacy elsewhere on the field.

His performance against Man City alone warranted his inclusion there. There was absolutely no justification for bringing Hawkins back in at CB after that game. Im not an Adams outer, but he really needs to wake up and see the reality OR think very carefully about the type of contracts players sign in future, although that could be more Knight's area.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hawkins for yet ANOTHER game, cost us a goal. Under no pressure it was just a JOKE he managed tp score the best diving header sine Houchen in the 1987 cup final

Virgo didnt even play well in defence today, upfront is just frustrating, he cannot play there, yet he is persisted with without fail

It is to the detrement of the team these tw players keep getting picked, it HAS to be in their contracts to play, they are not bad players, btu as they keep getting picked they are on the end of the boo boys

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Virgo did ok when he went back far better than either Hawkins or Whing. He showed the other defenders what Hawkins should have done rather try to dribble the ball out of the defence, hit it as far as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here