Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams tribute RETRO thread - April 1999 vs May 2008 for YOU

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
May 1999: Life potentially in RUINS after an 'indiscetion' at work leading to the loss of my job and (potentially) my family

May 2008: Looking back 9 years thinking that the 'indiscretion' was, in a strange way, the best thing that could have happened. Now have 2 more children and life is GOOD

:thumbsup:

Well?

What was the indescretion?

Did you try and GOOSE the secretary or NONCE the daughter of the boss?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
May 1999: Finishing primary school (erk), not really interested in much except computer games and football

May 2008: Working as an engineer in a medical software firm, not sure much has changed except the removal of 'games' and the addition of cars... :lolol:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
May 1999: Was just coming to the end of my first year at senior school.

May 2008: Now 21 years old, I work as a deejay and have a lovely girlfriend of nearly three years :)

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
1999 Working god knows how many hours,struggling to pay a mortgage, living in Newhaven, no grandchildren.

2008 Working 3 mornings a week,no mortgage,living in sunny Spain(tho pissed it down for the last 2 days) 3 grandchildren.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
May 1999. Life in the fast lane. Focused, supermodel girlfriend, eating at the finest restaurants, first class travel, money no object. La dolce vita.

May 2008. sitting in my underpants posting on NSC

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
1999: single, still living in a rented room in a house with the people who owned it, season ticket holder but watching about 75 games a season in total, all over London and the South East

2008: living in a house I jointly own with my Spanish girlfriend of six years, building a place in Spain to which we'll retire, hopefully early, season ticket holder and about 10 away games per season. Don't get to too many other matchess now though, as it doesn't go down too well with the g/f.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1999: Not much spare money, unemployed for 5 months, applying for crap jobs in the UK, dancing in Club Barcelona.

2008: Running my own business in Dubai, driving a sports car, chairing a networking group of MDs and CEOs, managing a women's football team.

I do miss Club Barcelona though.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
May 1999: I couldn't honestly say, it's all a blank since 1991.

May 2008: Happily married to a top girl, with a decent career.

mchaney

mick.seagulls
Jul 26, 2004
Kitchener (Canada)
1999.....I immigrated to Canada that year..with a wife 7 months pregnant 300 pounds and no job to go to....just the ability to live with her parents for 6 months

2008 new wife five kids between us, Great Job and Life....Now doing what I never thought I would do and supporting two football team....Brighton and Toronto FC.....if I ever had to pick one.....Seagulls Forever.....

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
1999: Was 13 years of age, 1st year at high school, hating everything about it....big brown shoes sgtupid blonde mop on my head.
2008: 22 big blonde mop on ym head still, still bored of life! Shit job as opposed to shit school, dealing with peoples bitchy comlaints rather than being a bitchy complainer!
Same shit different year....welcom eback Micky

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
1999 divorced 1 kid attending 80% of Albion games always pissed

2008 Married 2 kids attending 4% of Albion games and cant get pissed

D

Deleted User X18H

In 1999 I had recently sold a property and moved in with a ex primary school friend which really didn't work out. I had shit job with Eagle Star in Lanchester House down Trafalger Street and hardly bothered to go to Gillingham, however I had just got back together with Mrs HB&B now in May 2008 we own two propertys in Brighton & Hove I work in the city and Have a lovely wife and son and am a Withdean season ticket holder of 8 years standing..................its amazing what the love of a good women can do!! oh and in 1999 I had never heard of a message board now I am an NSC superstar.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
1999: First year of secondary school, very little interest in Albion

2008: Last year of an Accounting & Finance degree at University and my first ever season ticket :albion2:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
1999 - i was 21 Living with Parents, drinking way too much,

2008 - i am now 30, married with 4 kids, 2 step daughters, and a son and daughter of my own, and hardly drink.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
April '99 - I was galivanting about in Ecuador saving the rainforest, drinking copious amounts of Rum and Tequila and chasing chicas in my spare time.

May '08 - I am dreaming of galivanting about in Ecuador saving the rainforest, drinking copious amounts of Rum and Tequila and chasing chicas in my spare time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here