Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams tribute RETRO thread - April 1999 vs May 2008 for YOU

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So, in honour of the recent momentous events: compare April 1999, when Micky Adams was appointed Brighton manager, with May 2008, when Micky Adams was appointed Brighton manager. How do the two eras compare?

Not talking about football, I'm talking about LIFE here. For me, apart from still smoking and weighing a bit less, not much different actually: some good and awful events under the bridge since so a bit older but little wiser and still a terrible (in every sense of the word) letch. Plus ca change etc.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
In April 1999 I was 16 stone, unmarried, drinking too much, too stressed at work running a business of 30 people and was an all round arsehole.
In May 2008 I am 14 stone, married with two kids, just been through 2 years of non-drinking (health reasons), work for myself at home chill-axed stylie and, I hope, less of an arsehole.
I know which I prefer...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
In April 1999 I was at school doing my first year of GCSEs, getting up to do a paper round every morning and just having my first experiences of drinking too much alcohol.

In May 2008 I am living and working in Brighton, apparently having to be a responsible adult. Alcohol is still a feature although now I actually choose it as opposed to getting whatever I can and whatever is cheapest.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
In 1999 I was living in Poland with a twenty-year old ex-model but my career had stalled and I wasn't sure which way to go.

Today I'm very happily married (not to the ex-model) with a lovely daughter and my career is looking good too.

It's all optimism round here :)

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
1999 I was still at uni struggling through my degree. 2008 I'm in Japan having lots of SEX with TEENAGERS.

Know which I prefer. :)

1066gull

I was in primary school.

I am at university now.

I still have not had a girlfriend?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
April '99. Married for 7 months, holidays all over the world, season ticket holder with the wife, sports-car 'tastic days.

May '08. Two kids, nice house, not much time to watch Albion these days. Life's moved on, similar job though!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd only seen by first Albion game a month before!

How times change!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Do you honestly think I'd sti,ll be married if I had kept pictures of her? My wife would kill me!

Now married to some Frech guy who is probably lucky in every way except psychologically... she was a bit of a psycho.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
in 1999 i was living in a flat littlehampton with my girlfriend,fighting the m25 on a regular basis,working on the markets nearly every weekend bank holiday ect

2008 living back in quiet saltash,working from home running a succesful buisness working hours that suit me and im far happier and more relaxed

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
In April 1999 I was in Year 7 at Oathall in Haywards Heath, and in May 2008 I am just about to finish a Geography degree at Aberystwyth!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
May 1999: Life potentially in RUINS after an 'indiscetion' at work leading to the loss of my job and (potentially) my family

May 2008: Looking back 9 years thinking that the 'indiscretion' was, in a strange way, the best thing that could have happened. Now have 2 more children and life is GOOD

:thumbsup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
1999 - Last year of uni studying Sociology, living in a dirty stooodent house, going out getting drunk and trying to pulls birds.

2008 - Teaching Sociology, living in my own bachelor pad, going out getting drunk and trying to pull birds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here