Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams - The Greatest Ever Manager?

Taxman

I've got beautiful eyes
Oct 16, 2006
I think we're alone now
- Took The Albion back to Brighton
- Thrashed Mansfield 6-0 on the first game back in the town
- Discovered Bobby Zamora
- Built the foundations for the Albion to charge up the footballing tiers
- Won Division 3
- Helped Albion get promoted from Division 2
- made Brighton win for the first time ever at Crewe
- Beat the richest club in the world and knocked them out the League Cup
- Saving Albion from relegation no hopers this season
- Leading the team towards Falmer
- can make players play in ANY position
- signed TWO internationals in the transfer window

I hope that the powers that be at Chelsea dont read this AMAZING CV and poach him from us and make him Chelsea manager :down:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and i think you will find that dick knight found AND signed zamora - apparently

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I have on a coplue of times this season criticised Adams after a couple of bad results. (Scunthorpe, Walsall)

Its not until you look back and actually see what the blokes done do you feel that your glad he is our manager. He was heavily involved in the marches in Brighton for the stadium campaign, bought in players, that really Wilkins or otherwise would have struggled. The club is in his heart. Even though this years has been a disappointment thus far, Im glad we've got him, and hope he stays.:albion2:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
-Took The Albion back to Brighton (I'm guessing that was DK and top management were responsible and he was just the manager at the time)
- Thrashed Mansfield 6-0 on the first game back in the town
- Discovered Bobby Zamora (I heard he was told to sign him, and after a good loan spell did, so hardly "discovered" him)
- Built the foundations for the Albion to charge up the footballing tiers (Same point as 2 below)
- Won Division 3
- Helped Albion get promoted from Division 2 (Same point as 2 above)
- made Brighton win for the first time ever at Crewe (They are shit this year)
- Beat the richest club in the world and knocked them out the League Cup
- Saving Albion from relegation no hopers this season (Don't count your chickens)
- Leading the team towards Falmer (I'm guessing that was DK and top management were responsible and he was just the manager at the time)
- can make players play in ANY position (Is that really a good thing, that's one of the reasons that we've been so shite this year)
- signed TWO internationals in the transfer window (I'll reserve judgement on them till they've played a sizable amount of games)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For the younger supporters he probably is the best manager they've known but in the not too distant past you seem to forget we had a manager who took us from Division 3 (League One equivalent) to Division 1 (Premiership equivalent). Yes, the team Mullery took over was much the same as Peter Taylors but he motivated for that first season and by the time we were promoted and over the next two season brought in many new faces.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I am assuming this thread has not been based on serious analysis of BHA history - just a fully paid up member of the Micky Adams fan club trying to drum up support.
1) Has MA managed the club in the top two divisions ?
2) Does one bottom division title make him our greatest ever manager ?
3) Did he show the loyalty that deserves this title ?
4) Has he actually been here long enough ( across both spells ) ?
5) Did he build the same foundations as Peter Taylor ?
6) Can his record compare to Alan Mullery, who took the club from Div.3 to Div.1 and kept us there, against all the odds.
7) Do his achievements match those of Steve Gritt, who kept the club in the football league, against all the odds.
8) Where does he rank alongside Billy Lane, Pat Saward, Barry Lloyd and Mark Mghee who all got the club promoted from the third tier to the second.
9) Archie Macauley signed one of the biggest names in English football ( Bobby Smith ) and managed a record breaking season in Div.4.
10)Surely the foundations laid by Coppell were stronger than MA's in his first spell.

This is not meant to be an anti-Adams rant...just an attempt to put his achievements ( thus far ) into perspective and if over the next 5 years he gets BHA into the Premiership, then I will place him at the top of the pile.
Until then, I would place him around 7th-8th in the all time list. ( IMHO )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here