Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams tactical flexibilty?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The great Brian Clough always said that ‘You can tell who the good managers are. If the team are playing badly they will improve in the 2nd half’ In every game I’ve seen we have got worse. Its easy to see. Chelsea under Mourinho tended to get better as the game went on, Middlesbrough have lost umpteen leads this year and Southgate is looking out of his depth.

I don’t know any Clough quotes off hand about playing central defenders on the wing, your best forward on the right, leaving your most experienced central midfielder on the bench or letting one of the most talented centre halfs go on loan to another club but I’m sure there is one somewhere.

Still, looking on the bright side we might be going to Wembley in the most tinpot of tinpot trophys and I’ve always wanted to go to Barnet away.

Micky Adams = Mike Bassett

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The great Brian Clough always said that ‘You can tell who the good managers are. If the team are playing badly they will improve in the 2nd half’ In every game I’ve seen we have got worse. Its easy to see. Chelsea under Mourinho tended to get better as the game went on, Middlesbrough have lost umpteen leads this year and Southgate is looking out of his depth.

I don’t know any Clough quotes off hand about playing central defenders on the wing, your best forward on the right, leaving your most experienced central midfielder on the bench or letting one of the most talented centre halfs go on loan to another club but I’m sure there is one somewhere.

Still, looking on the bright side we might be going to Wembley in the most tinpot of tinpot trophys and I’ve always wanted to go to Barnet away.

Micky Adams = Mike Bassett
There's that CRACKING footage of Brian Clough telling John Robertson to bugger off out of his own penalty box when defending a corner in training. Clough shouts something "get the bloody hell out of there John. I've got players who are better than you at it to do that job. Get up the pitch, that's what I pay you for"

That said, if Clough was so great, it's too bad he didn't show us when he was here really wasn't it. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here