Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams Phone Call

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
E Block Ernie said:
In Bournemouth ?? Adams must have f***ing big aerial :D

nope there is ABSOLUTELY no way u can get it in bmuff, I have a very expensive very powerful radio and I couldnt pick it up there after hours of trying

Returning home from Reading last season, we were able to pick up the SCR phone in as soon as we started off down the A33. Besides, doesn't SCR share its transmissions with Radio Solent in the evening?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I can't add much to the SCR reception debate- except to say I certainly can't get it in Lincoln, unfortunately.

However, those of us who were at Leicester last year can certainly testify to MA's affection for the club and fans. At the final whistle, when they had just got promoted he went to our players and then came straight over to our fans.

He then left the pitch. I didn't see him acknowledge Leicster fans until the lap of honour after most our fans had left.

I suspect BB might have had a chat with his pal MA, and perhaps made mention of the team getting booed off.
Wherever MA was he can always call without having to pick up SCR.... unless he has a short wave radio tuned in to Albion broadcasts!

I wouldn't doubt MA being capable and being sympathetic to BB's cause. You never know, if we were to get Falmer confirmed as going through soon, the Mickey Adams story with Brighton may not be completely over.

He'd be more welcomed as an Albion legend than anyone else I can think of (more than Mullery I'll bet).

For the older fans, only a guest appearance by Peter Ward might come close if he shot, and he scored ;) :clap2:

But I digress - only FG wouldn't welcome Adams back .

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
remember it is bbc SCR and not radio sussex. there are many frequencies for surrey and hampshire that work in a lot of places i.e. 104.0, 104.5, 104.8..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
But they only cover The Albion on Sussex frequencies. Surrey gets Woking, Farnborough, Aldershot, etc. We even get localised sports news FFS. Big goings on at The Albion and we get 2 minutes about Woking reserves:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here