Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams Phone Call

sadam

Jul 31, 2003
lewes
WAS THIS A SET UP ?,CHEAP IF IT WAS HARTY, MICKY GREAT MANAGER WHEN HE WAS HERE,
NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM NOW, although im told maybe true or not(I HOPE NOT) that the players had to use his agent when signing for us so probally there is still a connection would this cloud his opinions?????????????????
GET ON WITH IT DICK

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Not a set up at all, I was genuinely gobsmacked when it came through my headphones that he was on the line, to be fair when you've just been humiliated 4-0 you don't have to set up anything, last night was the highest number of recorded calls since Black Saturday at Selhurst last October, we also received in excess of 120 text messages. Thank you to each and everyone who either phoned ot texted last night.
But the appearence of Mr Adams certainly proves one thing that depite what you might read elsewhere on this site he still cares about what happens to this football club.

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
It was a load of old bullshit, how can Mickey Adams tune into SCR on the way from Bournemouth (where he said he had been) to Leicester ?
At 9.50pm the time he called up he would just have been leaving Bournemouth and no way been able to tune into SCR.
It was a set up by Harty to try and boost Booker.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
As far as I'm concerend Micky Adams should worry about his bottom off the table side than kissing his (Booker) boyfirends behind and saying he will do well, And he came in at the hardest time ? Come again Adams ? So Adams is saying Brentford and bournmouth will be harder than Sheffield Wednesday, QPR etc ? Dont think so.

Adams you left us because you thought the grass was greener on the other side so do us all a favour and do one will yeh!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
You can pick up SCR around Southampton, and most managers who watch other clubs usually leave 5 or 10 mins before the end anyway. It sounded pretty genuine to me. Nice to see he's still interested in us - maybe DK could wait a bit, a couple more defeats for Leicester MA gets the sack, and returns to the Albion to guide us safely to promotion !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Raphael Meade said:
i got in when we were in southend a few yrs back, and can just about get it in southampton.

Exactly. Bournemouth is quite a bit further west than Southampton.

When I am travelling south I usually have Radio 2 on in the car radio. I have one button tuning.

I don't usually change stations until I have actually arrived in Sussex and then I pick SCR for the remainder of the weekend.

Driving from Bournemouth to Leicester on a night of football and being in the 'trade' I would have thought Talksport or Radio 5 would have been more his taste,

Btw I am not saying that Harty set it up. What I am saying is that I find it interesting that Micky is still interested in us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
E Block Ernie said:
It was a set up by Harty to try and boost Booker.

Why would harty do that? He's made it clear he wants Booker, but I honestly cant beleive you guys actually think he would set this up! Its actually laughable. :lolol:

I love who-dun-it's.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Yorkie said:
Exactly. Bournemouth is quite a bit further west than Southampton.

but you can still pick it up, its just a bit crackly...

anyway i would have thought bournemouth to leicster at that time of night wouldve been m27, m3, etc... which would put him in range for a while.

just an afterthought, i didnt hear it being at the game but did he say he was listening, cause people on here phone up after away games without being able to tune in...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Raphael Meade said:
but you can still pick it up, its just a bit crackly...

anyway i would have thought bournemouth to leicster at that time of night wouldve been m27, m3, etc... which would put him in range for a while.

I try and listen after home games on my way back to Guildford. The signal becomes unlistenable before Handcross, fades in and out all the way to the M25 then disappears until the A3, it then disappears before Guildford.

How and why Micky would tune in between Bmuff and Soton is beyond me-besides, BBC Solent's signal overpowers SCR all the way up to Farnham.

As I was at the game, what was said by 'Micky Adams'?

Jameson

MA is a top bloke. I think there is a part of him that still loves the Albion - I heard the interview again this am on SCR - sounded genuine enought to me. Somewhat more articulate than the average phone in fan etc....:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here