Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams: I'm vulnerable

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I think most of the permie players he has signed have been good enough. Virgo, Hawkins, mcleod, livermore are definitely good enough for this league. The team as a whole has not gelled.

hawkins has turned into some hate figure for some people, but he was brought back too early from injury, and has not been in form.
virgo, has been playing outwith his natural position, but is easily championship standard.
mcleod - been injured too much, and hasn't shown what he can do.
Livermore - ditto.

Don't agree really.

Hawkins - Not up to standard, good back up centre half but we already had Lynch, Elphick, El-Abd and Hinshelwood on the road to recovery.

Virgo - Seems to me Adams realised there was too much competition for centre half and therefore has spent the season trying to find the right position for him. Shoud have signed either Hawkins or Virgo at a max.
Centre mids were needed not central defenders...

Mcleod - Yes been injured but I am fairly sure he was injury prone and regarded as 'lazy' before Adams signed him. Therefore a poor signing thus far...

Livermore - You said ditto to Mcleod. No, he was fit for the first 3 months and used sparingly with Virgo still managing to hold down a place in centre mid and an out of form Thomson.

Basically all his signings have been somewhat a failure due to either not improving the squad or Micky's tactical decisions

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
What I find hard to take is this. At the end of last season we had a team capable of finishing 7th. In the summer we signed four players, a couple of which have played regularly and a couple which haven't. How many loan players have we had this season - 6 or 7? Now it looks like we are promising to change everything again the transfer window. So by the end of January Adams may well have brought in something like 15 players and what has he achieved?

He's taken a team from the fringes of the play-offs to a team that with a bit of luck might avoid relegation. If he wasn't Micky Adams he would be more than 'vulnerable'.

Well I don't think Kinght would shirk from sacking Adams if he thought it was necessary

After all he gave the bullet to Steve Gritt, Jeff Wood, Martin Hinshelwood, mak McGhee and Dean Wilkins. Five managers sacked in 10 years.....and all apart from Wilkins were publically dismissed on the basis of crap results.........

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Well I don't think Kinght would shirk from sacking Adams if he thought it was necessary

After all he gave the bullet to Steve Gritt, Jeff Wood, Martin Hinshelwood, mak McGhee and Dean Wilkins. Five managers sacked in 10 years.....and all apart from Wilkins were publically dismissed on the basis of crap results.........

Adams start to the season must make McGhee think about unfair dismissal.

Seriously as andyBAHA mentioned, Adams has already rebuilt this squad once from Wilkins team,none of the previous managers under Knight have been permitted two attempts at building a squad. The again we are the charity club who is renowned for offering contracts to injured players when they have a high chance of never playing much or even again.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Don't agree really.

Hawkins - Not up to standard, good back up centre half but we already had Lynch, Elphick, El-Abd and Hinshelwood on the road to recovery.

Virgo - Seems to me Adams realised there was too much competition for centre half and therefore has spent the season trying to find the right position for him. Shoud have signed either Hawkins or Virgo at a max.
Centre mids were needed not central defenders...

Mcleod - Yes been injured but I am fairly sure he was injury prone and regarded as 'lazy' before Adams signed him. Therefore a poor signing thus far...

Livermore - You said ditto to Mcleod. No, he was fit for the first 3 months and used sparingly with Virgo still managing to hold down a place in centre mid and an out of form Thomson.

Basically all his signings have been somewhat a failure due to either not improving the squad or Micky's tactical decisions

Hawkins was signed as an experienced defender to fill the same kind of role as butters. none of the other centre halves fall into that category. I think he hasn't settled particularly well but hopefully will come good. Adams has shown faith in him. Arguably its misguided but he clearly rates him as to come good.
However, I think that virgo should be playing centre half with either elphick or hinshlewood, but when virgo was here previously he was used in various positions and was half decent in all of them so using him as a utility player makes sense. Also banking on hinshlewood returning to the first team was a bit of a risk was it not? personally I'd love him to get over his injury woes and wish him the best of luck.

mcleod, disagree with you, I think its way too early to write him off. When he gets properly fit he should be challenging for a place, and then thats the time to make judgement on him after a decent run in the team.

livermore, well he has been injured quite alot and he has been moved around the team as well. he hasn't worked with thompson when he has played in the centre, but arguably thats cos they are fairly similar players. This is a guy that was very highly rated by hull fans, and again he should be good enough.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here