Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams: I'm vulnerable

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He is human!

ALBION manager Micky Adams admitted today he is vulnerable because of his team's poor results and may have been saved by his past success at the club.

He says, however, that chairman Dick Knight and the Board are still behind him and that, given time, he is the man to turn the Seagulls fortunes around.

Changes cannot be made to the squad until the transfer window re-opens in January, so Adams has appealed to fans to stick with the players as they prepare for tomorrow night's Johnstone's Paint Trophy southern semi-final at League Two Shrewsbury.

He said: "Managers are always vulnerable when the stats are there staring them in the face.

"Maybe, because of what I did here last time, I have possibly been given a stay of execution.

"I know I have not lost the Board of directors and chairman yet. The players have got to stick together and they need the fans with them. Given time, I am confident I'm the man to turn it around."

Top scorer Glenn Murray is a doubt with a recurrence of ankle trouble. The suspension-free Adam Virgo, Jake Robinson, Doug Loft, youngsters Steve Cook and Kane Wills and veteran goalkeeping coach Paul Crichton are all added to a squad depleted by the ineligibility of Bradley Johnson and Stuart Fleetwood, Michel Kuipers' hand injury and loan signing Joe Anyinsah's return to Preston.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
didnt know Joe had gone back

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's already turned our fortunes around, we just need them turned back again.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I thought this was going to be about his mental state, a vulnerable nature, and him seeing a shrink to toughen him up. Maybe I shouldn't have called him a clueless toss pot on Friday ;)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I am glad he is trying to admit he isnt doing well instead of blaming the ref or luck.

But I can see the situation being resolved with yet more loan signings

Which probably means the situation will not be resolved at all, because I don't see how we are supposed to build a decent long-term squad and sense of team-spirit with another 3 or 4 loan signings.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
topolino1.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Which probably means the situation will not be resolved at all, because I don't see how we are supposed to build a decent long-term squad and sense of team-spirit with another 3 or 4 loan signings.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

We did it last season with Richards, Racon and Westlake.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He said: "Managers are always vulnerable when the stats are there staring them in the face.

"Maybe, because of what I did here last time, I have possibly been given a stay of execution.

"I know I have not lost the Board of directors and chairman yet. The players have got to stick together and they need the fans with them. Given time, I am confident I'm the man to turn it around."

So, do we still have to 'put up with it', or is it now okay to express some concern, without being considered a window-licker?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

So, do we still have to 'put up with it', or is it now okay to express some concern, without being considered a window-licker?

to be fair, i dont think he realised we needed to be 7th in december :jester:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
I don't think he's vulnerable, the club can't afford to sack him, as I think we're still paying off the two previous managers ?
In my opinion what it needs is for Micky to put his hands up and say that the majority of his permanent / loan signings have not been of a quality to get us out of this league , ie not good enough for the Championship or , indeed other League one sides.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh dear - that's an interview of a man that has been told that the writing is on the wall. I've supported Adams, again, maybe because of what he did here last time, however, even he realises (and has almost certainly been told) that this can't go on.

I would say that if we don't come out the other side of the Northampton game at least - probably 8 points - better off, he will be gone. The start of the Jan transfer window will be the cut-off point.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I don't think he's vulnerable, the club can't afford to sack him, as I think we're still paying off the two previous managers ?
In my opinion what it needs is for Micky to put his hands up and say that the majority of his permanent / loan signings have not been of a quality to get us out of this league , ie not good enough for the Championship or , indeed other League one sides.

I think most of the permie players he has signed have been good enough. Virgo, Hawkins, mcleod, livermore are definitely good enough for this league. The team as a whole has not gelled.

hawkins has turned into some hate figure for some people, but he was brought back too early from injury, and has not been in form.
virgo, has been playing outwith his natural position, but is easily championship standard.
mcleod - been injured too much, and hasn't shown what he can do.
Livermore - ditto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here