Micky Adams for Port Vale job?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
From Coventry Telegraph:

Micky Adams amongst favourites for Port Vale job
May 4 2009
FORMER Coventry City boss Micky Adams has emerged as one of the favourites to become Port Vale manager.

The Sentinel says that John Ward is the leading contender to replace the now-departed Dean Glover.

But Adams, who has also managed Leicester City and Brighton, is also believed to be one of the front-runners for the vacancy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's them f***ed then

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope he gets it too, get himself back into management. He had rotten luck with us this season, combined with a lack of tactical nous, but he's still a good bloke and I'm sure he'll do a good job for a club like them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I wish him luck, but if he's half as clueless and gutless as he appeared down here I can't imagine he'd do any better...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I , combined with a lack of tactical nous, but he's still a good bloke and I'm sure he'll do a good job for a club like them.

I take it you don't like Port Vale? How can he possibly do a good job with a "lack of tactical nous" ( I think you my have meant clueless?)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes he was out of his depth here but maybe he has now found his level so good luck Mickey.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
will end in tears. he's lost his touch big time. port vale don't need a season of struggle next year, what with stoke doing so well at the moment.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
With Brian Horton as his assistant?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They'd be better off getting John Barnes who has also expressed an interest. :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on balance, it seems one thing MA has is a good network of contacts and good rapour with people to get them in. Thats what made the tactical shitfest with an apparently good squad so much more galling this year.

so, i reckon MA future is in League 2, getting teams promoted, using that network to get relativly good players in to do a job on that leauge before himself moving on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here