Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams back at Port Vale ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just been announced on BBC Radio Stoke that the Port Vale board are set to offer Adams a lucrative three year contract as manager.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Never go back, Micky.

Actually, in this case, he's got to take the offer. He might not get too many others this summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to hear what the occasional Vale fans who come on here think. I'd go with "tainted no thanks" if I were a Vale fan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fors are that they were doing well and apprearred to have a happy contented squad under him. The against is that he left for pastures thought to be greener but then who wouldnt have for the team they have supported since their childhood. They say dont go back but prior to Poyet how many would have had Coppell back here.

I would think it will be good for both sides.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sheffield Utd was a crazy move for him - don't blame him for giving it a go but the board must have been delusional.

Port Vale is a much better option, even second time around. He's better off with lower league players and budgets and lower fan expectations. Hope he does well there if he returns.

Didn't he have a clause in his contract that said if Sheffield Utd came calling he could leave ?
Either way I feel sorry for the guy. Getting the opportunity to manage the team you've always supported and then ending up relegated and sacked can't do much for your head and self confidence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I was a Vale fan I'd be a bit irritated that Adams was being offered the chance to come back. If he does a good job again, I'm sure he'll simply walk out again for a better paid job if it was to come along.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Adams has proved that he's more than willing to jump ship when something 'better' comes along, on both occasions he ended up getting fired by his new employer. I think that he walked out of Port Vale shows a lack of initiative on their part for wanting him back. There's enough decent managers looking for work without going back to somebody who let you down before.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sheffield Utd was a crazy move for him - don't blame him for giving it a go but the board must have been delusional.

Port Vale is a much better option, even second time around. He's better off with lower league players and budgets and lower fan expectations. Hope he does well there if he returns.

The grass was also a lot greener at Leicester wasn't it ? He may well have a go at the Blade's board but you would have thought his previous experience would have taught him a lesson. If he'd stayed with Port Vale he could be playing League One football.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Just been announced on BBC Radio Stoke that the Port Vale board are set to offer Adams a lucrative three year contract as manager.

I suppose they can afford that with the compo they received when he left earlier. Probably not costing them any more overall than what they had agreed previously.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If I was a Vale fan I'd be a bit irritated that Adams was being offered the chance to come back. If he does a good job again, I'm sure he'll simply walk out again for a better paid job if it was to come along.

I know what you mean, but losing your manager when a better job comes on offer, is just the reality, whoever you appoint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here