Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mickey Adams has Sheff Utd in freefall

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
not won a game since he took charge.

cork his number 2 again, and just signed a few "battling no nonsense" players in the window.

clubs like sheff utd, pompey, etc we will wave to as we pass them on our rise the next few years.

i really see us becoming a top 10 championship side, and then all it takes is one really decent season.

strap in - we are in for quite a ride :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The day they signed Adams is the day they resigned themselves to League One football.

The only thing that *may* keep them up is that there appears to be three teams who are worse than them in that division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although he seemed to be doing OK at Port Vale his TOTAL cluelessness here the last time around should have warned off any League 1 club let alone a Championship one. Yes we beat Man City and Leicester but we also produced the worst football ever to grace Withdean for the most part and his teams had me hating being at virtually every game I went to, and wanting to leave after 15 mins.

I fully expect to see Sheff Utd relegated, not so confident that the Scum will be coming down with them though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Although he seemed to be doing OK at Port Vale his TOTAL cluelessness here the last time around should have warned off any League 1 club let alone a Championship one. Yes we beat Man City and Leicester but we also produced the worst football ever to grace Withdean for the most part and his teams had me hating being at virtually every game I went to, and wanting to leave after 15 mins.

I fully expect to see Sheff Utd relegated, not so confident that the Scum will be coming down with them though.

Spot on and exactly how i felt.The football under Adams was some of the worse i've ever seen.He seems well past his sell by date and should have stayed in league 2 where he belongs.
I will never forget Walsall having two players sent off and they still scored and went onto win.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Bloody hell, he's only been there a few games and people are already queuing up to slag him off. Sheff Utd have had a terrible season up to now and Adams can't be judged for a while yet.

We all know he wasn't the same manager second time round here but that doesn't mean he'll never do well for a club again.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Unfortunately Micky Adams along with younger managers like Aidy Boothroyd are firmly cut in the old-school of playing high pace high tempo football, whilst this may work at a lower standard when you move up a bit teams tend to have the class to counteract it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My worry is the Blades will allow Palace to finish in 21st.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Expect Adams to do with Sheff Utd what he did with us - absolutely STUFF the side full with patchy loan signings who couldn't give a toss about playing for the club. I remember Virgo saying about it being a "different, more laid-back Micky Adams" when he was talking about his 2nd spell there. Yes, laid back and completely useless.

Blades fans must be VERY worried. If they're not, they damn well should be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was my reaction. It surely can't have been just because he supported them ?

I remember seeing on the Football League Show, the fans they interviewed outside Bramall Lane after his appointment were delighted, the general consensus being "he's a fan of the club, so he'll bring that passion".

:facepalm:

What IS it with fans wanting "passion" above all else ??

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Unfortunately Micky Adams along with younger managers like Aidy Boothroyd are firmly cut in the old-school of playing high pace high tempo football, whilst this may work at a lower standard when you move up a bit teams tend to have the class to counteract it.

I dislike Aidy Boothroyd as much as anybody, but to be fair to him he took Watford up to the Premiership and into the FA Cup semifinal, so his style certainly worked at the level Sheff United now find themselves.

I remember seeing on the Football League Show, the fans they interviewed outside Bramall Lane after his appointment were delighted, the general consensus being "he's a fan of the club, so he'll bring that passion".

Bit like Toon fans wanting Keegan/Shearer in:shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A case of The Peter Principle in football?

"In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not with you. Surely we want to be playing Palace next season....and Portsmouth...and Southampton......

Palace need back to back relegations to bring them around to the fact its all gone tits up and they are a tinpot club.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

That should be included in the what phrases immediately make you think a person is an idiot thread.

The passion for "Passion" is one of the major problems with English football. I value patience and technical ability above passion any day. We are extremely fortunate in that we have BOTH with Gus in charge.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3931564 said:
Bit like Toon fans wanting Keegan/Shearer in:shrug:

Or Liverpool fans being happy about King Kenny returning.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Dunno, it's a real English failing. It's only the English who rate 'passion' as a useful trait in a footballer or manager. It's often put on a par with, or sometimes even above, luxuries like talent and ability. No wonder we never win anything at international level

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Dunno, it's a real English failing. It's only the English who rate 'passion' as a useful trait in a footballer or manager. It's often put on a par with, or sometimes even above, luxuries like talent and ability. No wonder we never win anything at international level

Gus has a passion. And I want my team to go out with a passion. Not just that of course. And I don't believe it is just the English who rate passion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here