Oct 13, 2003
Reliant said:
or how about these to make you sick

michelle_finalhomepic.jpg

thumbnail212_main.jpg

reasons she will not be a popstar

1. She beeps when walking backwards
2. Her school photo was taken from an helicopter
3. She has F*** all talent and will sing what she is told to sing reaping no rewards she thinks she'll be getting!

:clap2:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Fran Hagarty said:
How ever did she win? She may not be a bad singer, but a pop idol she certainly is not! Mark is streets ahead. i was gutted for him.

You're having a giraffe, aren't you? Whatever else you can say about Michelle, she certainly has a decent voice. Mark on the other hand is the cheesiest man in the universe. How many times was he told he was a bit cabaret for the judges? That's code for "you're a karaoke singer with a cheesy brummie accent, a cheeky smile and no f***ing talent, now f*** off back to the shithole from whence you came."

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I believe the show was called "Pop Idol", from this I am assuming that they were looking for someone who could be just that. What it turned into was sympathy vote idol.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She is a one trick pony in my opinion. She sings every song the same way, ie very very loudly !. I cannot imagine her doing a slow, quite ballad. She will have 1 top 10 hit and be working in an office by next Xmas.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jambo Seagull said:
You're having a giraffe, aren't you? Whatever else you can say about Michelle, she certainly has a decent voice. Mark on the other hand is the cheesiest man in the popstar. How many times was he told he was a bit cabaret for the judges? That's code for "you're a karaoke singer with a cheesy brummie accent, a cheeky smile and no f***ing talent, no f*** off back to the shithole from whence you came."

100% correct. Mark was a clueless, talentless fuckwitt. Roxanne was the best low-fat option.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Could be another Titanic on our hands :(

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jambo Seagull said:
You're having a giraffe, aren't you? Whatever else you can say about Michelle, she certainly has a decent voice. Mark on the other hand is the cheesiest man in the universe. How many times was he told he was a bit cabaret for the judges? That's code for "you're a karaoke singer with a cheesy brummie accent, a cheeky smile and no f***ing talent, now f*** off back to the shithole from whence you came."

Certainly Michelle is a good singer, but I tend to agree with Pete Waterman, who walked off in disgust that she had won. I can see where he's coming from. No disrespect to Michelle as looks shouldn't really come into it where talent is concerned but, unfortunately they do. No way is she the stereotype of a pop idol and maybe she has set a precedent, but I doubt it. Good luck to her! Mark, however, is good looking and has a pleasant personality (not to say that Michelle hasn't). I think it was very unfair to dismiss him as "cabaret & karaoke" The judges got him into the final dozen, or how ever many it was, so if they had thought that, why put him there out of all the thousands that applied? He is not a brilliant singer, but is far better than all the karaoke attempts I have ever heard, most of which are dire! I am not a fan of Robbie Williams and Take That and much preferred Mark's version of their song. He has the looks to be a pop idol - the best of the male bunch in that respect (although I know BrightonBird will disagree, as she wants to marry Andy Scott-Lee -not my taste though!) It remains to be seen whether either of them are successful but I think Mark stands a better chance considering all the relevant factors.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Waterman walked off in disgust :ohmy:

What, after inflicting The London Boys, The Reynolds Girls, Hazell Dean, Guru Josh, Big Fun and Sonia on the youth of Britain. Wasn't she bad enough for him?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There was nothing wrong with the London Boys concept. 2 rollerskating musclemen called Edem and Dennis singing gay disco hits while somersaulting into our hearts?
f***ing magic.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Roxanne should have won, it is true that Michelle is no 'Pop Idol' as such but whe was the best singer of a bad bunch. Dunno what the panel saw in Mark, he was duller than dull. What a dullard!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, it's Christmas, we shouldn't really be so mean about her figure.

No doubt her body is a temple............

.....In the sense that it's enormous, elaborately decorated, and hardly anyone feels the need to go inside it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh yeah, and 15 stone, my arse.

If she weighs only 15 stone, I'm a canary.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BTW I agree entirely with Edna's views that manufactured Pop is a dying breed. No doubt there will be a couple crop up every now and again but as a whole well produced music is making a comeback.

I would now write a load of crap about how i think the Neptunes have completely changed the face of popular music and in the process have single handedy saved popular music but i really can't be bothered.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
attila said:
Everyone, and everything, that has ever come out of Pop Idol, Fame Academy etc is worse than Crystal Palace.
Wishing you all a punk rock Xmas and three points on Boxing Day!

Cheers atilla, loved hearing that poem again on sunday BTW, great stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here