Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michell Platinii, are you trying to be a bigger idiot than Sepp Bladder ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
it wouldn't disrupt the leagues because th eleagues would be arranged differently for that season. What would be wrong with that, in this country where football as a summer sport would be fine.
The World Cup IS going to Qatar whether anyone likes it or not, if switching it to winter makes conditions more playable orbearable for players than why not, at least there might be some decent football.

Once the TV Countries start counting the cost of lost revenue we'll see. Every European country will be affected and I don't think they'll accept it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
it wouldn't disrupt the leagues because th eleagues would be arranged differently for that season. What would be wrong with that, in this country where football as a summer sport would be fine.
The World Cup IS going to Qatar whether anyone likes it or not, if switching it to winter makes conditions more playable orbearable for players than why not, at least there might be some decent football.

I've been thinking about whether it would work, like it or not. I think Platini said they could hold it in Feb. At first glance you think that some countries have winter breaks, so maybe it's not too bad, but if you think that the international teams need at least 3 weeks together beforehand to work together and gel, a month for the tournament, then say, 3 weeks rest for the tournament players afterwards, gives you the best part of 3 months. So, it wouldn't just screw up one season, it would have to be at least two seasons - and I can't see the clubs backing it either.

If they wanted the possbility of moving it, it should have been in the bid, otherwise you're not comparing like-for-like.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Once the TV Countries start counting the cost of lost revenue we'll see. Every European country will be affected and I don't think they'll accept it.

I've been thinking about whether it would work, like it or not. I think Platini said they could hold it in Feb. At first glance you think that some countries have winter breaks, so maybe it's not too bad, but if you think that the international teams need at least 3 weeks together beforehand to work together and gel, a month for the tournament, then say, 3 weeks rest for the tournament players afterwards, gives you the best part of 3 months. So, it wouldn't just screw up one season, it would have to be at least two seasons - and I can't see the clubs backing it either.

If they wanted the possbility of moving it, it should have been in the bid, otherwise you're not comparing like-for-like.
what lost revenue? still a full season and a world cup all televised. just at different times.

maybe it will mean two seasons of summer football, or a long break logistically it's possible

i wouldn't like to see the world cup being regualrly moved around but in this one case i wouldn't be bothered by it, a lot less than many other things about a world cup in Qatar!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

:facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
what lost revenue? still a full season and a world cup all televised. just at different times.

maybe it will mean two seasons of summer football, or a long break logistically it's possible

i wouldn't like to see the world cup being regualrly moved around but in this one case i wouldn't be bothered by it, a lot less than many other things about a world cup in Qatar!

Not a chance, players would refuse to play a longer season and the clubs would refuse to have a longer break, Plus how will the 2024 championships fit in with the extra seasons. The World cup is a summer thing and FIFA should just deal with the mess they have made.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope all the FIFA and UEFA execs get a good reception come Champions League final at Wembley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here