• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Back up to a new No 1

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
either way, he has at least one more game for Brighton, his testimonial :thumbsup:

will stay on as backup at least, he's a decent keeper for this level.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd MUCH rather have Kuipers than Brezovan. However I really can't see much hope for Kuipers getting a new contract:(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would give him a 1 year contract basically as back up as I am sure that in the event of being needed he wouldnt let us down and would be better than a lot of others. I think the way forward is a new no 1.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think if he stays he'd have to accept a lower wage. It has been reported many times that Kuipers' contract is one of the most generous at the club and he's at an age now where he isn't likely to get better. He needs to accept that he can't be automatic choice for number one spot any longer and if he can accept this and a less remunerative new contract then I'd like him to stay

Funny how they always say that a keeper improves with age and experience, with Goalkeepers reaching their peak years much later than outfield players.

I would give him a years contract with the option of a second year providing he either a) stays relatively injury free and/or b) plays a minimum number of matches to activate it.

He is still one of the better keepers in this league and i think we are pretty lucky to have him playing for our club, we know what we are getting with him and his weaknesses can be worked on and improved in training. If not first choice, he would be strong competition and a decent back up option to any new keeper we sign (if we do sign someone rather than sticking with the two we currently have)

The trouble with signing someone else is that they may sound brilliant on paper, but turn out to be very poor in reality for us. (Graeme Smith anyone?)

Stumpy Tim

He always seems to bounce back so I don't doubt he'll do so again... 1 year contract though Poyet will bring in a new keeper next season - wouldn't be surprised if Kuipers still kept the number 1 jersey though

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers always seems to come back and prove people wrong, sign him up and he will fight his way to becoming our first choice keeper again.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
im gutted for him will we get another keeper in to cover for breovan

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FDM is a natural athlete and is well worth a 2 year deal. Fully expecting him to be goal-tender for the opening game at Falmer and still Brighton's Number One :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
FDM is a natural athlete and is well worth a 2 year deal. Fully expecting him to be goal-tender for the opening game at Falmer and still Brighton's Number One :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Michel Kuipers'a Former Dutch Marine! Former Dutch Marine! Former Dutch Marine!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I'd give him another year. He's fitter than a butcher's dog, got good awareness, and if nothing else would provide competition for the gloves.

Hot Gossiper

Jun 26, 2008
No room for sentimentality in football, especially if we want to make it to the championship, not good enough as a number one.
Heard he took a pay cut when he signed his last contract, not sure if he would consider doing so again to be a back up, but his family is settled in Brighton so we've got him over a barrel. Take the bastard for all he's worth!
Adriano Basso with Kuipers and Walker as back up.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i imagine only one of him or brezovan will be kept come the end of the season - kuipers has been dropped recently and now wont get the chance to stake his claim. now its up to brezovan to be consistent for the rest of the season and ensure its him that gets the contract - and if he does, it could well be bye bye kuipers

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
1 yr contract subject to finger mending, as back up for new keeper signing in summer (I hope), brezovan prob not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here