Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Owen moving down south??

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Doesn't necessarily mean Brighton though does it? could be a London side for example..

I'm passed excited already, I just wish I knew which number to put under his name on my shirt....

I`ve had one with Owen on the back for ages.I put it away when Michael Owen didn`t come last year.Got it back out when Garvan was coming and had to put it away again.Then Hargreaves was coming so I got it out again and had to put it away. But thanks to you I now know Michael IS coming after all!! Seeeaagguulllssss!! :dunce:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Michael Owen will NOT be joining us ! He's set to sign for Stoke City, he doesn't want to sign for anyone below the premier league, now can we stop this nonsense.

That's before anyone starts thinking there's a chance, there isn't.
This 10 times over

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I have this morning been over at Derek Shaw's racing yard near my house looking at a dog, we got chatting about Micheal Owen's horse racing interests. Apparently it is being talked about that he will be taking a less hands on role with his interests up north for the next year and looking to move one of his horses to a racing yard in Sussex in a few weeks.

Read into that what you will.

so, did you get the dog ?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Michael Owen will NOT be joining us ! He's set to sign for Stoke City, he doesn't want to sign for anyone below the premier league, now can we stop this nonsense.

That's before anyone starts thinking there's a chance, there isn't.

OK but I think he may be running in the 8.30 at Brighton tonight. I notice that Sahara Air is 32 years old and featured in the World Cup in 1998, bit of a giveaway really.

You saw it hear first.

TNBA

TTF

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The next Michael f***ing Owen rumour should be met with death and/or insta-ban for the distributor of said bullshit. Read into that what you will.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have this morning been over at Derek Shaw's racing yard near my house looking at a dog, we got chatting about Micheal Owen's horse racing interests. Apparently it is being talked about that he will be taking a less hands on role with his interests up north for the next year and looking to move one of his horses to a racing yard in Sussex in a few weeks.

Read into that what you will.

Anybody who mentions Owen always talks about his horse racing interests first and his footballing ambitions second. For that reason, let alone any sicknote reasons, the Albion should never ever consider such a crappy signing. He'll end up like Mick Channon, a working racehorse trainer (if he doesn't go bust fust) and the Albion should have nothing whatsoever to do with him.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Just found this article :

Owen vows to continue top-flight sitting!

MICHAEL Owen feels his career in being seated can continue at the highest level after leaving Manchester United.

The collapsible striker was released by the club after caretakers were doing a closed season clearout at Old Trafford and noticed him in the corner of a storage cupboard gingerly massaging the back of his thigh.

Owen said: “I still take a keen interest in the game and from what I’ve seen from the television in my living room, there’s Premier League benches out there I think I could definitely sit on whilst looking at my iPhone and wearing a big Puffa jacket.

“I’m fairly young at 32 – my right leg is still only a toddler – but I’m not ready to drop a division as most of their benches aren’t heated and the cold would absolutely cripple me.”

Owen will launch MickeyTV, a new channel in the high 800s of the Sky box, via which he will encourage managers to call in and make a bid until he is signed.

The channel will feature soft *focus footage of him getting off a coach, sitting on a bench, running up and down a touchline a few times, sitting back down on a bench and getting on a coach, to show managers what they could be getting.

Sofa manufacturers DFS are believed to have approached Owen about a sponsorship deal, and Anusol have also shown an interest.

But Owen said: “Although I’ve been concentrating on my sitting, my heart is still in playing football, and I can’t wait to get back out there and battle against great defenders like Tony Adams and Marcel Desailly.

“What? Since when?”

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was in Dick's bar for the England game last night and I saw Micheal Owen.

He was on Sky Sports News talking about his horses.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't believe he will be coming to Brighton and, with his injury record, I don't think we would want him, but if he did it would not be as big a deal as signing Bobby Smith in the 60s a few months after he had played for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here