Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Woods

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
For a footballer's twitter account to be genuine it needs to contain the following:

- attrocious spelling/grammer
- a modicum of homophobia
- complete misuse of the hashtag

Jake Robinson is the exception to this rule.

Yeah, he's excellent at that hashtag malarkey.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand this Twitter malarkey, can someone explain it and is it worth getting into?

Well, you sign up, then you choose some famous people to 'follow'. This means that your stream of posts, or 'tweets' will include the contributions from those you have chosen.

Thus you will find out when Jake Robinson goes shopping, and what Ian Poulter's dog looks like.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, you sign up, then you choose some famous people to 'follow'. This means that your stream of posts, or 'tweets' will include the contributions from those you have chosen.

Thus you will find out when Jake Robinson goes shopping, and what Ian Poulter's dog looks like.

Surprised it not call Stalker or Voyeur

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surprised it not call Stalker or Voyeur

Well its absolutely nothing of the sort, is it, as anyone tweeting, is doing so of their own volition, because they WANT it to be read.

'Exhibitionist' would be more appropriate.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well its absolutely nothing of the sort, is it, as anyone tweeting, is doing so of their own volition, because they WANT it to be read.

'Exhibitionist' would be more appropriate.

I'm thinking more about the saddos doing the following, but you have a point.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

Speak for yourself, Hans. I use it to have conversations and keep up with loads of people with similar (work and leisure) interests to me, and share links to interesting/useful vids/reports/whatever and ideas. Although it's possible to use it the way you describe (and loads of people do), the point of twitter, like most social media, is that it's a conversation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm thinking more about the saddos doing the following, but you have a point.

I don't see that following people on twitter is sad - any more than say, reading someone's column in a newspaper.

What is DESPERATELY sad, on the other hand, is people who 'friend' footballers on Facebook. That's quite tragic.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see that following people on twitter is sad - any more than say, reading someone's column in a newspaper.

What is DESPERATELY sad, on the other hand, is people who 'friend' footballers on Facebook. That's quite tragic.

I'll just shut up now given how many posts I have on an internet message board

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

what about Cricketers? :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
what about Cricketers? :thumbsup:

Well Marc, if (just by way of example) a person worked with cricketers, at a cricket ground, and actually KNEW said cricketers, then NO, having them as friends on FB would NOT be sad.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Well Marc, if (just by way of example) a person worked with cricketers, at a cricket ground, and actually KNEW said cricketers, then NO, having them as friends on FB would NOT be sad.

thats alright then :lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Great day with the fam <3 club search looking like a southern club :) should be signed by end of the week to start house hunting #buzzing

So not Hull then.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thinking about, if he plays for Chelsea he probably wouldn't have to move house if he was signing for Millwall or Palarse. :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great day with the fam <3 club search looking like a southern club :) should be signed by end of the week to start house hunting #buzzing

So not Hull then.
....almost certainly rules out Crystal palace :)....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here